Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

happylily

Wachau Marathon in Krems Austria, 50 miles from Vienna.

Point to point 100% overlooking the Danube.10,000 for all distances.

My 10 th , his 19 th I think and first full we will actually run together. He is going to jog my pace so we can enjoy it

together.....awwwwwwwww

Not a bad way for a couple of Grand Masters to spend a 30 th wedding anniversary.

It will be beautiful! So romantic!  And then after, great Austrian food and beer, at a little table set for two, with a candle on it.  30 years is worth celebrating!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

It will be beautiful! So romantic!  And then after, great Austrian food and beer, at a little table set for two, with a candle on it.  30 years is worth celebrating!

We booked the most beautiful old hotel/spa for that weekend. Has both indoor/ outdoor pool and sauna overlooking

the Danube and the local vineyards. No matter the weather we can soak in the hot tub with a bottle of wine after

the race. Smile

happylily

We booked the most beautiful old hotel/spa for that weekend. Has both indoor/ outdoor pool and sauna overlooking

the Danube and the local vineyards. No matter the weather we can soak in the hot tub with a bottle of wine after

the race. Smile

Gorgeous! All these fab places in Europe... We just can't find the same atmosphere, here in North America... And it will be interesting to see how they do things in a race, in Austria.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

No doubt your wife earned that. She should be proud.  Funny, my wife is doing that exact same thing right now!  She death marched her way to matching her HM PR today.  She's now run three HM's in the last nine months.  Her first three!  Proud of her.  Smile  HOORAY running wives!

Congrats from me to MBC!!!!

Running wives rock Smile

B-Plus

I know that's right!  I drink like a damn hound dog after a marathon.  Shit, after my second one I drank an entire bottle of wine!  Purple lip city.  lol

Chugged 2 beers after my last and I was freaking hammered!

B-Plus

Hey, I am thrilled with how I did today.  And according to the internets, one shooting for a 3:25 finish on a 70 degree day can expect to finish in 3:45.  Yowsers....is that accurate?  I was sweating in the starting gate.  Usually not a good sign of things to come.

Holy crap! I'm surprised at that.

B-Plus

Hi Dailies.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I have napped and am now recovering like LRB would recover. Smile  Here is DW recovering. She earned that!

That's a victory pose!!

Congrats MBC, Jack, and Mrs. Jack (doh, so close, but great nonetheless!)

B-Plus

Holy crap! I'm surprised at that.

I put 3:25 into the run works calculator, and it spits out 3:27:46 for 70F. I have no idea, but based purely on my unscientific analysis, I would put an equivalent performance somewhere in-between 3:27:46 and 3:45.

B-Plus

I finally went for a run. 4 miles!

delicate flower

I put 3:25 into the run works calculator, and it spits out 3:27:46 for 70F. I have no idea, but based purely on my unscientific analysis, I would put an equivalent performance somewhere in-between 3:27:46 and 3:45.

3:27 would have been better.

<3

LRB

3:27 would have been better.

Was the course not all downhill after mile 20?

No more marathons

Was the course not all downhill after mile 20?

Ouch!    Is that to say "dude, cruise it in"?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

I missed that about MBC!  Congrats!

Wait, people don't usually sweat before they start running?  I do (at least here). 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ouch!    Is that to say "dude, cruise it in"?

Actually that was a question about the course, not an inference.