Beginners and Beyond

Is it Friday for anyone else Thursday Penguins? (Read 31 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

So today is my Friday! Woot, just got to make it through tonight then I have a four day weekend!!! So excited, so much planned for this weekend, we have a race Saturday, Easter stuff planned for Sunday with our daughter and then just a nice "sit on my ass" Monday!

Today is the end of week 3 already on the C25K we are running with our friends. They are doing really good and our last run my buddy told me he didn't think he would enjoy getting out there and doing this, but he does, in fact he said the great thing about our runs is that the only thing he has to worry about is one foot in front of the other. I think that is what got me out there too, so much stress in life and running really is a fantastic way to get everything off your mind except the task at hand.

Have to edit some pictures for my sister in law's wedding. My wife took them as I had to work that weekend and was unable to do it, otherwise I would have been the camera man, but oh well. They didn't have the money for professional pictures and since that's kind of a dream of mine I told her I would take the pictures for them and then got scheduled to work and was unable to do it. I'm going to edit them though and pay for the development and suprise them when they come in.

Think that about wraps it up for me, oh! one other thing. Weighed yesterday morning and saw 199.8 BOOYAH! Back to the sub 200s, hopefully can keep it off this time!

Well, my relief should be getting here in just a minute then its home and to bed for me.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning jblack and others soon to follow!

jblack - good job on the sub200!

She Can - I just read your race report - totally awesome!

Yesterday I ran 6x400 for a total of 5 miles. I increased the pace in each rest interval to try and find a sweet spot. Hopefully I'll redeem myself at my next 5k on 4.28.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Bin Running

Jimmy, Good luck with that race.. Friday for me as well.. Good thing is.. It's 7pm Thursday where I am. Congrats on reaching sub 200

Gustav, Good job on the intervals..

4M w/ 4 x 100 strides.. Was reading someone talking abt strides.. It is suppose to be abt 20sec? I ran a section of the indoor tracks (which has no markings). I always ended up with abt 30 secs.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles with strides tonight.

Hope's Mom, she ate!  I heard this tiny biting noise and the bowl clinking at midnight, so I turned on the light and there she was.  But much better was the fact that she came to bed to sleep for a few hours with her pillow (me).  She fell when she jumped so I had to rescue her but still...Sounds like her old self (without energy), ha.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Hey Jimmy, thanks for the start. Two more nights for me.

Bin, and Gustav, nice work on the intervals.

Cherie, loved your RR Smile

Maybe 5-6 this afternoon.

hog4life

Morning!  I have 8 miles with strides tonight.

Hope's Mom, she ate!  I heard this tiny biting noise and the bowl clinking at midnight, so I turned on the light and there she was.  But much better was the fact that she came to bed to sleep for a few hours with her pillow (me).  She fell when she jumped so I had to rescue her but still...Sounds like her old self (without energy), ha.

Have a nice day!

Thats great news about Trixie.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Jimmy, congrats on sub200!!

Damaris, really glad Trixie is feeling better!

AFM, outstanding run this morning!!  10 really fast miles that felt really easy.  I have no idea where the speed came from today, but my legs felt good, so I let 'em go and man did they go!  Beautiful run. Smile

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

jblackjr - great start this morning. Congrats on progress through C25k... it is a good program to get started for people.  Kudos for you for getting your friends out there

Gustav - well done on the intervals

Bin - have a good night.

Damaris - great news about Trixie eating!  Sounds like she's on the mend.

Mitch - mornin!  Have a great run later.

Dave - those are the best runs!

AFM - SRD.  Like Mitch I have two more days of work counting today.  I found a map of the trail my 25k race is one - it has the entire course laid out except for the elevation changes.  It makes it a bit intimidating.  LOL  Everyone have a great day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Planning on 3 - 4 miles today.  Haven't decided where yet. Been a while since I've been to Lackland  Air Force Base or The Riverwalk, so maybe one of those.  However, with Good Friday tomorrow and Maundy Thursday today, a lot of folks are off around here, so The Riverwalk may be a little crowded today.  Should be a nice running day....sunny, with a bit of cloud cover, 75 degrees.

Happy early Friday, Jimmy!   Congrats on the weight loss!  Good luck with the photos.

Nice running, Gustav.

At least you can do strides, Bin.  I  try to stride, I fall right on my face, lol.  Your track has no markings?  How do you know how far you've gone on it?

Good luck with the miles, Damaris.  Happy to hear the kitty is doing better.

Good luck with the two more night shifts, Mitch.  Hope you can get your miles in.

Enjoy the SRD, Vance.  Good luck with the upcoming 25K.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone. I took today off, so yesterday was my Friday.   I've been productive already--got the Easter cookies decorated (I needed to get them done early because some are leaving tonight to be delivered to my daughter) and cleaned up the kitchen.

Later, DH and I have a luncheon at Citizens Bank Park that includes a tour. I will get to see behind-the-scenes of my Phillies!

Later will be 5 miles, probably on a hilly route.

Bin Running

Scotty, no marking but it's 0.5M for a loop. I used that as a gauge on how much I have ran.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Philliefan - go Phillies - and Iron Pigs too, if your up my way!

Kind of amazing thing this morning - while driving to work the full moon was setting in the west and the sun was rising to the east!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's not my Friday, but I'm going to think it is all day long.  See, I usually have chorus rehearsal on Thursday nights.  But since it's Maundy Thursday tonight, many of us are involved in church activities, so we swapped chorus rehearsal to last night.  But since I had rehearsal last night, my mind is convinced today is Friday.  Hopefully I remember to leave work early today so I can get to church on time!!
                              I brought in my knee strap for my walk today too -- it's been twingy the past couple of days.  Choreo is not good for wonky knees.

jblack -- woo-hoo for your four-day weekend!!

Gustav -- nice intervals!!

Bin -- I've heard of strides, but that's the extent of my knowledge!

Docket -- sounds like Trixie is on the mend!!

hog -- enjoy your afternoon run!!

D2 -- woo-hoo for your outstanding run!!

N-Bug -- enjoy your SRD, and don't look at the map too much!!

scottydawg -- enjoy your wherever run!!

Phillie -- mmm, Easter cookies!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I'm so glad Trixie is doing better.

Dave - sounds like a great run

Gustav - what a lovely image, thanks for sharing.

Jimmy - congratulations on breaking 200!

Mitch - enjoy your run

Vance - can you map your run on the software here so you can get the elevation changes?  I'm not sure how it is with hand drawing on trails.

Scotty - hope you find a quiet place to run

Philliefan - hope you enjoy your luncheon and tour

Hopesmom - I hope your knees hold up to all the singing this week

AFM:  hoping to finally get some new running shoes.  My old ones have about 600 miles on them.  Unfortunately, it seems that Asics has dropped the 2170's, which explains why I haven't been able to find any online in my size.  Our LRS doesn't carry shoes in wides, at least, not for women, so I have to drive an hour or so to the shop where I bought the shoes I'm wearing.  Hopefully they'll have some good ones.