Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Don't Need To Impress Anyone, But It Happens Anyway! (Read 186 times)

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hi guys.

Spend the day with my sisters and nephews at my dad's house. It was an awesome day, and I think my dad is going to recover just fine.

I am hoping to report back in tomorrow morning with a few miles.

We know have over a foot of snow!!! YAY!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Bin Running

Damaris, thanks for working on new year eve.. Smile I am working too.. but shld be able to leave slight earlier...

Awood, Glad the knees hold up to the test... Wish your mum a speedy recovery too..

Traci, eager to know how the Higdon does for your HM (First!!). Give us a report on the plan when you are done, will ya? Smile... The 4 pregnancies probably made you stronger..

Mel, hi-five!! Me doing Pfitz too..

Amadas, You are building well.. Good job..

Scotty, GOod job on the high miles week... the streak probably helps... Depends would be uncomfortable after 2 miles I guess.. but it could helps with keeping the bum dry during the run... haaa

Jack, getting speedy..

Steph, Welcome back to running... Congrats on getting snow and some snow-miles...

Mitch, Hold the knees hold up...

Tomas, enjoy your vacation... 152 is a great month miles..

Kristin, Take care of that knees..

Cherie, Glad you are back on schedule..

Tori, good news on your dad.. let it snow, let it snow..

Met up with some friends on weekend and 1 of them suggested to do Bali marathon.. mid Jun.. thinking...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just saw Mom, and she did eat today.  That made a huge difference.  Hopefully she keeps up the progress.  No word on what was wrong in the first place, but food sure seems to help.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

So happy to hear that your dad is doing well Tori! You are all still in my thoughts and prayers!!

After DH and I shoveled out the driveway, we decided to have a lazy day and spent most of it on the couch in our pajamas! I have to work tomorrow so I am going to the gym before and ending 2012 the right way!  Have a great night Penguins!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Jack, you snuck in on me before.  Holy Moly you are getting fast!  Great job on the run.

Mitch, how are you feeling?  I see that your knee started to bother you at the end of yesterday’s LR but did something happen to it?  I hope not!  I’ve been missing you guys too!  Between being sick and the end of the semester I just had no time.  If I wasn’t at work or doing school work I was sleeping.  I had to really work to keep a decent pace in the snow today.  The cold was fine,  I did a lot of hurdling over snow banks, it was a little icy under the snow in spots, the worst was cold, wet feet though.  Thankfully it was only slushy in one spot near the end.  My mom used Brook’s Ghost 4’s last winter, the ones with Gore-tex.  She really liked them.  Since we have been similar in all other running shoes I might try them.  They are a little heavier but I think it’s better than cold, wet feet.

Tomas, congrats on a great month!

Kristin, I’m so sorry about the knee?  What happened?

Awood, no more streaking! Ever!  When is the Chi Town HM in March?  I’m running a HM on March 17th.  Will the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon be your first marathon?  I’m running my first marathon in October, eeekkk.  I hope your knee is ready for Chi Town!  I hope your mom is doing better.

Zelanie, way to go following a Ppfitz plan!

Scotty, thanks.  73 race, holy cow.  You are a machine, Scotty.  LOL about how you kept the snow out of your shoes.

Bin, thanks.  That sounds like it could be a nice marathon in mid-June.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Steph - Chi Town is on the 24th, and Indy will be my first marathon.  That's definitely going to happen :-)  I planned to run it this year, but that plan was devised before I started running...lol  I was brought to my senses, and ran a respectable half marathon.  What have you been up to since you disappeared temporarily?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

THat's good news.  Hopefully, they will figure out what she has and help her.

Just saw Mom, and she did eat today.  That made a huge difference.  Hopefully she keeps up the progress.  No word on what was wrong in the first place, but food sure seems to help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Tori, glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!!  I've missed my penguins!  It's nice to be back in civilization.

Had a pretty light week, feel really good after some rest.  Went out for 2.5 miles tonight to loosen up before my 5k tomorrow night.  Wow, it was fast.  First mile, went nice and easy just to warm up, 7:27/mile, what?!?!  Threw in some strides after that, strides were 6:10-6:20/mile, overall average pace was 7:05/mile.  Wicked fast run.  Feeling good for a new PR tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for a sub-20. Smile

Hope everyone has been doing good, I'll try to get caught up on everything I've missed!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck tomorrow!

Hey everyone!!!  I've missed my penguins!  It's nice to be back in civilization.

Had a pretty light week, feel really good after some rest.  Went out for 2.5 miles tonight to loosen up before my 5k tomorrow night.  Wow, it was fast.  First mile, went nice and easy just to warm up, 7:27/mile, what?!?!  Threw in some strides after that, strides were 6:10-6:20/mile, overall average pace was 7:05/mile.  Wicked fast run.  Feeling good for a new PR tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for a sub-20. Smile

Hope everyone has been doing good, I'll try to get caught up on everything I've missed!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks Damaris!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

YAY!  COWBOYS LOSE!  GO REDSKINS!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

YAY!  COWBOYS LOSE!  GO REDSKINS!

Of course, now we have to get by Seattle, I think that is going to be a bit harder, they have quite a heckuva rookie quarterback themselves.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt