Beginners and Beyond

This kind of made my day... (Read 128 times)

MrNamtor

"Where there's cake, there's hope. And there's always cake." - Dean Koontz

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Namtor: that DD is only 11 but I get your point. Now I want a piece of cake!

MrNamtor

Oh a "tween"? Even better. Those are the really tough ones!

Chocolate layer cake was/is my nemesis

Rondog65

“Mr. Athlete” appreciate the pearls of wisdom form your DD.

Did someone mention cake, aren’t we owed cupcakes from another thread, not that I am obsessing here, no not me.  Just wondering?

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

bobruns

Damn it...now I want onion rings...

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

You're going to stop only once? 

Does it count if I went to a different ice cream place today? I wasn't going to get more ice cream, but I walked home from class with two girls who suggested ice cream... I just couldn't say no.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

DW and older DD were at a track meet and I took younger DD to swim practice. As some of you know, she is a competitive swimmer (now getting into running) and she trains every day from 4-6. After practice the two of us went to a place called The Habit.  I usually eat pretty decently and was contemplating the onion rings, a nice treat to share between us. DD said, "It's ok, Dad. We're both athletes and we can work  it off at our next work out."  I was thinking "Whoa, my daughter thinks I'm an athlete!"  I got the onion rings.  Smile

Mmmm ... the Habit has some good rings.  I'm not sure it's on the menu, but you can ask for Frings (1/2 fries, 1/2 rings).  Damn good burgers too.

I ate a Kit Kat last night. It tasted like crap but I had to eat it. You know... in support of those who really shouldn't eat Kit Kats...Big grin

Way to go, Mr Athlete you. Smile

Tasted like crap?  Not buyin it.  Gimme a break!