Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

Better I Leave

Mornin' everyone. I trust all is well. Changin' it up a bit today as I'm planning a "practice run" around my favorite lake and taking our dog. She's been out with me before on my "thin air" runs and done pretty well, but this run will be a faster, steadier pace and she'll be "on leash". If she does well for one lap (2.62 miles), I'll shoot for another lap for a bit over 5 today.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Run and done! Ended up doing 6 with 4 other people. We had planned on 10mm - I ran them at 9:35, whoopsie daisy. It felt good - I love surprising myself. If I had gone .2 longer I would have PR'd the 10k (my PR is from a very humid day in September, ironically on the same trail that we ran on today).

LRB, I had walnut pancakes with apple topping at the diner. YUM. I ate about 2/3 of them before I was full, so our resident Boston Marathoner finished my plate, lol.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm back...had a great run.  The first miles weren't as easy as I thought they'd be as I ended up running miles 4-8 with a couple of the guys from the store's race team.  I felt kinda badly leaving my normal running crew, but I think people understand.  I ended up with 16.06 total, with the last 3 miles a little under MP (6:48, 6:46, 6:40).  I also had a 6:50 mile at mile 8, but the rest of the miles were pretty moderate.  It was nice and sunny the whole time, and even though the wind was gusty, it really wasn't too bad.  Now I'm working on some eggs and sausage for protein - good stuff.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I am higher than a damn airplane!

Zing!

Taken out of context, this quote could be a bit worrisome ha.  Great job on your run today and pushing through it when you felt like hanging it up.  That's one of those moments to stash in the back pocket for use during a race.

Baboon...Killer sleep!  I think you won.  Have fun on that elliptical.  Didn't get a chance to say anything yesterday,  but hope the earlier surgery date works out will for you.

Jneilt...That sounds like gorgeous weather - hard to stay inside.  You gotta listen to the body though, so good job being smart.

Scrape...I could see why an extended rest would not be option 1, 2, 3....

Al...sorry for the change of plans.  At least it seems like you'll still get in a decent workout.  Hope the young one gets healthy soon.

Hog...Have a great time with the 12.  Don't feel badly about sleeping in on a weekend!  Half the time I'm up earlier on the weekend than during the week because of group runs or golf lol.

Kristin101...Good luck getting everything healed up.  You're doing the right thing by being patient and prioritizing your races.

Docket...I didn't want to hear my alarm this morning, that's for sure.  I woke up thinking it was like 2am, and it was actually only 20mins before I had to get up.  Hate that.  Have a good run later.

Dave...Good luck healing up and getting the runs in.  Enjoy your yoga too!

Kay...Enjoy the shoe fitting.  Make sure that the insoles are something you really want or need before letting them talk you into them.  That's the only negative thing I have to say about their store - they push the insoles too hard.  I'm assuming you'll be getting something colorful and perky?

Dave...Have a great time running with the pooch.  I hope she's up for it and you can get the double loop in.

April...That sounds like a nice size of group to run with.  Nice work pushing your pace a little today.  It sounds like you need to race a 10k soon!  I'm in the same both with my 5k and 10k PRs in that my current fitness is way stronger as well.  I guess that's a good thing though.

StepbyStep-SH

4 miles flew by, even at recovery pace, running with two friends. Once I warmed up, everything felt good, but I'll still play it safe and take a rest day tomorrow. More miles + more intensity coming next week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Weezer...That's an early Saturday group run!  I'm pretty content when our store group meets at 8, although sometimes I go out at 7 with the owner for more miles.  Sounds like a nice route you were running...hope it went well.

Beth...Is there an AA for addicted swimmers? lol

Flarunner...Nice job getting the run done in less than stellar conditions.

Rmt3b...Looking forward to hearing how the 20 went for you.

Step...That's when having friends that run slower than you is crucial, when you need to get a recovery paced run in.  I hope the miles made your body feel better.  Enjoy the banquet later.

Alexis_run...Are you running to get your haircut too, or just to pick your mom up?  I always wash my hair right before I get it cut, which is really silly.  I guess it's kinda like brushing my teeth before I go to the dentist though.  I hope the mileage worked out well for you today.  Sometimes it's just mental when you haven't done a long one in a while.

Sparker...Hope you had a nice post-coffee 3 or 4.

Wcrunner...You have the right idea sleeping in when you can!  Enjoy the afternoon miles.

@runjerseygirl

SIAR, you know me too well! Of course, if the right shoe doesn't come in anything colorful and perky, I will just have to deal. But if it does, then I'm all over it! Smile

Do you even run?

Luke79

9.6 miles done @ 10:48 pace.  I finally busted my ass.  I've been running for almost 2 years now and I finally fell and busted my ass while running.  It was a root.  Damn roots.  Great run though.

My 10 mile trail race is a week out now.  I'll do a couple easy runs (probably treadmill) and some biking this week and be ready to fucking represent come race day.  I'm excited Smile

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, you know me too well! Of course, if the right shoe doesn't come in anything colorful and perky, I will just have to deal. But if it does, then I'm all over it! Smile

Mizuno has a ton of color and pattern options out now.  Maybe your feets will like something from them.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Luke...I guess if it was still a great run after the fall you didn't get hurt badly huh?  I've eaten it on the trail a handful of times too...never on the road so far, fortunately.  Great job with the miles and pace.  It sounds like you're already pretty pumped about your race coming up!  I get that way too.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yes! My Mizunos are purple and coral. I love them.

SIAR, I have a 10k on Feb 3. It's hilly, but the course is only 3 seconds slower than my PR, so as long as the weather cooperates a big PR should be in the bag. I'm hoping for 58 minutes.

Mizuno has a ton of color and pattern options out now.  Maybe your feets will like something from them.

Weezer88

Back from my run (well, I did have some training immediately after the run).  Finished with 17+ and averaged just above 8:00/mile overall.  The left hip started to give me some grief as I was approaching the last mile.  Time for some coffee (or diet Coke) to get my caffeine fix. Time for a quick nap too.

I AM WEEZER.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Luke, if a runner falls in the woods and nobody sees it, did it ever really happen? Smile

Weezer88

April, I say no (although a bruise might prove otherwise)

SIAR - there was an earlier group meeting at 5:45, one at 6:00, another at 6:30 and finally a 7:00 group.

I AM WEEZER.

6 mile progression run, count it.  Ran with 4 other people.. what a treat.  The one notable thing about this run is that I took my first ever spill.  Caught a foot on the edge of the sidewalk. Some frozen sod was sticking up and down I went.  Abrasions on the knee and some local swelling, but no damage to the running tights... so.. WIN!

Luke... just read your comment about you falling. LOL how weird that we both fell and it was a first after about the same amount of time running (2.5 years for me). Glad you are alright.