Beginners and Beyond

NRR - Some Pics of Old, Creepy, Abandoned Homes (Read 82 times)

From the Internet.

I love American Horror Story. I had never realized how great of an actress Jessica Lange really is before I started watching that series. She is just amazing in all of her different roles. And The Asylum scared the heck out of me.

She is awesome but her Boston accent in the Asylum season was atrocious. She gets a pass for that though, most people can't do it right when they try, haha.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

There was a large abandoned facility in Evansville, a very large brick plant. I wish I had tried to sneak in there just once, it was surrounded by a 6 foot fence and then about 40 feet of field on all sides. Apparently bums and kids were getting in there a lot because early last year they boarded it up, and the by the end of summer 2014 they tore it down 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Here's the abandoned building near our house, was part of a old asylum - "School for Imbeciles" and "Colony of Epileptics" in its various incarations,  now owned by the college.  I'm not the best photographer but you get the gist lol  We couldn't get inside, so these are just photos from the outside.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We had an asylum for the mentally ill, in Evansville, The original buildings were used for a haunted house but closed off otherwise. Sadly it was torn down just a couple of years ago Sad I never got to explore it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

Lauren, I could not tell a Bostonian accent from a New Yorker accent if my life depended on it. To me, they both are weird...  I can identify a Southern accent, though!

Oski, I remember you posting some really weird and creepy picture of a field with something like an abandoned bicycle in it, near a tree if I remember correctly. Do you know which one I'm thinking of?

Jay, that building is absolutely beautiful, but I can sense the ghostly atmosphere through the screen. There is a "temple" look and air of (malefic) worship about the building. And it looks like it's out in no man's land. Like someone would wake up there, all alone and scared... What are they planning to do with it once the renovations are complete?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Oski, I remember you posting some really weird and creepy picture of a field with something like an abandoned bicycle in it, near a tree if I remember correctly. Do you know which one I'm thinking of?

Yep, I drive by that everyday!

happylily

Yep, I drive by that everyday!

What was it exactly? A bike hanging from a branch, far far out in a field with no path going to the tree? Something like that? Post it again!

happylily

1) You're quick

2) Creepy!!!

Jay, that building is absolutely beautiful, but I can sense the ghostly atmosphere through the screen. There is a "temple" look and air of (malefic) worship about the building. And it looks like it's out in no man's land. Like someone would wake up there, all alone and scared... What are they planning to do with it once the renovations are complete?

Yes, it's deep on the East Side, surrounded by poverty and industry.  Right now it's being restored by an organization of volunteers and do-gooders with ghost tours, date nights, and those sort of things going on, with an eye on eventually making it some sort of functional hub again, perhaps linking the suburbs by light rail.  The only problem is that while downtown and the waterfront are experiencing major revival, no one would really have any reason to go out where the Terminal is.

It has spooked me for as long as I can remember...dark, foreboding and ominous.  A real-life Minas Morgul.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wish people would just leave creepy old buildings alone, lol.... until I've gotten to them all 

PRs

RSX

Julie my Boston accent is heavier than most. If I'm traveling most guess where I'm from. If they're wrong they guess NY or NJ.