Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Clears The Mind Like A Nice Dose Of The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Great news!  Hoping for progress from now on.  Sorry about the HM but there will be others.

Hey penguins!

I ran my first run today in 9 weeks.  I ran 1 mile really slow then run/walked another 1.5 miles.  So nice to be running again.  I have new custom orthotics that are built up high in the arches and one side of my heel and recessed under my first metatarsel because my skeletel structure is sooo wonky.  We will see how it goes.  Taking it slow.  My 1 year runiversary was march 5 and my upcoming half marathon is next week.  ObvIously wont be doing that since I can barely run a mile.  Ha.  Its okay though Ill take it!

Looks like everyone else is trucking along.

xxxooo

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Snickers1230

Glad Trixie ate some of the tuna!

Nice job on the run Zelanie, even if it did "suck" Smile  Have a good trip!

Nice run N-Bug.  Good luck on the 25K!

Welcome back to running Traci!  And yes, there will always be more halves to run.  Good luck getting back into the swing of it!

Ginny, we heard back from the vet when she was waking up and they said she did good.  I just can't wait to get off work and get her!  Great job on the progression run!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles at 10:15 on the bike path.  Tree cutters have a nerve parking their trucks on the path.  Perfect day, no wind, about 40.  Fr 10 died last mile, so it works for 3 miles after battery low warning.  One more LR  in the next couple of days  before the HM.   Held off buying plane tickets just in case DD needs a European bailout . Guess I better buy the tickets soon.

DD is now in Vienna and met up with her cousin who happens to be there for a law school  debate.  Apparently, she found an Australian travel partner (a male !!!!)

hog4life

Jack, the 5k race is this coming Sat the 30th, I hope I get to make it there on time. I'm working nights, get off at 6:00 am, but will try to leave a little early. It's 30 minutes to the house then 70 minutes to th race with an 8:00 am start. If I can't get there early enough to do a proper WU, I may just run with Jimmy and push/help him with his goal.

Ginny, yes we talked. Seems like I done most of the talking. They were asking a lot of questions about repeat intervals and hill sprints.

Docket_Rocket

Hmmm, I left a bowl of water besides Trixie and now it's empty.  There is nobody else in that bedroom.  I really hope it was her.

I did my 9 miles.  They were tough since I am still sick.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page