Beginners and Beyond

I thought I wouldn't miss winter..... (Read 141 times)

LRB

I am so sick of winter that when a waiter at the restaurant asked if I wanted ice in my tea last night, I smacked him!

Oh, nice pics.   >:-/

Ball of Fury

Awesome!  DH and I also running the Mini...we also both graduated from IUPUI actually!  We are doing the training series 10K this weekend also...you?

ETA:  I am sick of winter simply because it is making me run on the TM at times....otherwise, love the snow!

Training is going great. My LR is up to 11 miles and i'm averaging around 20 mpw. Feeling pretty confident about the race. You?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Very cool. I really enjoyed my time at IUPUI. I got my degree through SPEA. I opted out of the training series, but have kept an eye on the dates and distances. I have an 8-10 miler planned with a buddy of mine. He's been my training partner for my long runs since I tend to get bored pretty easily at longer distances!

Awesome!  DH and I also running the Mini...we also both graduated from IUPUI actually!  We are doing the training series 10K this weekend also...you?

ETA:  I am sick of winter simply because it is making me run on the TM at times....otherwise, love the snow!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Ball of Fury

It can definitely help to run with a partner...unfortunately, I don't have anyone willing to get up at 4 AM and run with me...wonder why?  I am super jealous of you guys that have the Monon and the Canal to run on....we don't really have anything similar to that here!  Would love to move back to Indy someday.  We are really only doing the 10K because I wanted to try to move up from preferred to seeded if I could get a sub 48.  However, I noticed this week they have me seeded already (level 1, which is a laughable mistake!) so at least the pressure is off for the race.  My plan is to try for sub 48 anyway, and then to start in corral C instead of A.

Very cool. I really enjoyed my time at IUPUI. I got my degree through SPEA. I opted out of the training series, but have kept an eye on the dates and distances. I have an 8-10 miler planned with a buddy of mine. He's been my training partner for my long runs since I tend to get bored pretty easily at longer distances!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Awesome... I always love the winter too... but only when there's decent footing.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Village people

That would be a beautiful picture If it had been taken in December.

That would be a beautiful picture If it had been taken in December.

^^ Truth.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Rondog65

Although I do love the photos of the snow I am tired of it.  Sitting home listening to the Nor'easter blow through, waiting to see if the power will go out.  Fortunate as it is just warm enough to be rain, while the rest of the area is getting heavy wet snow.  Glad that I was able to swap today's run with yesterday's rest day!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

RSX

We were looking at a mild winter up until February. Since then it has been 1 of the worst winters that I can recall over a 5 week stretch anyway as the snow is falling once again. I won't be missing it.

kettledrum

Training is going great. My LR is up to 11 miles and i'm averaging around 20 mpw. Feeling pretty confident about the race. You?

Had a setback at the beginning of the year and took a few weeks off from running, but am back at it again.  Unfortunately I'm not going to be anywhere near where I originally wanted to be by race day, but I'm at peace with that.

Dr. Cornsitter

We were looking at a mild winter up until February. Since then it has been 1 of the worst winters that I can recall over a 5 week stretch anyway as the snow is falling once again. I won't be missing it.

You spoke too soon. Friday driving was worse than the blizzard.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

RSX

You spoke too soon. Friday driving was worse than the blizzard.

It seemed like they waited too long to start plowing in a lot of areas plus they underestimated how much we would get. Hopefully we are done with snow for the winter.

Dr. Cornsitter

It seemed like they waited too long to start plowing in a lot of areas plus they underestimated how much we would get. Hopefully we are done with snow for the winter.

Nothing would make me happier. It took me 3 hours, THREE FRIGGIN HOURS!, to drive from Winthrop to the Cape Friday morning. Just to Plymouth took 2 hours. It was horrific. Then I had to turn around that ngiht and drive to Maine and it only took me 4.5 hours. No logic, lol.

If I see even a hint of snowflakes again this winter, I'm packing up and moving to Florida.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

RSX

Nothing would make me happier. It took me 3 hours, THREE FRIGGIN HOURS!, to drive from Winthrop to the Cape Friday morning. Just to Plymouth took 2 hours. It was horrific. Then I had to turn around that ngiht and drive to Maine and it only took me 4.5 hours. No logic, lol.

If I see even a hint of snowflakes again this winter, I'm packing up and moving to Florida.

My 25 minute commute took 45 to drive 4 exits on 128. It was awful!! (Sorry) We bailed when it stopped snowing.

Arie2.0

Meat is Murder

Pittsburgh may get some snow tonight. Enough is enough!!!

Putin told me how to vote.