Beginners and Beyond

Odometer Day Monday Penguins (Read 24 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ginny - You're absolutely right.  Eating poorly also has a bit of a snowball effect.  You slip up a bit, and you decide to make it a cheat day.  Then, you it just starts to spill over into the next day.  The continental breakfast doesn't have your usually.  So, you slip in a danish, etc.  It's tough, but I need to buck up and eat right.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Awesome holiday, right? I just bought my dad's car from him. It's a 2005 but only has 45,000 miles on it. 

I'm planning on C25K W7D1 after work. It's awesome that I'm solidly in the no-walk-break phase. Almost there and on to OHR!

Oh that is awesome!  You've worked so hard to get your fitness back up.  Congratulations!

DR -  Sad  I'm sorry, hope you're feeling better soon.

kristin-- hey you!  Sorry your 10k didn't go well.    Shaking it off is all you can do at this point.  Enjoy your rest day.

SF-- you're at least getting a workout in.  Plus you get to enjoy the smell of freshly mowed grass.

Jerry-- hey ya!  Hope you have a nice day at the health club!

Z-- Hi hi!  Good luck getting your run in this evening.

Awood-- ahhhh, my DH is always having digestive issues.  I'll be curious to see how your elimination/ detox diet goes.

Jack-- congratulations for making it though another marathon training cycle.  Keep this up, you may end up qualifying as a Marathon Maniac.

HsM-- That's wonderful that your knee is doing so well!  You know we're gonna be rooting for ya! :-)

Phillie--- it sounds like we're on the same no-plan-plan.  Glad you're at least having decent weather to get out now.

Ginny-- hope you all have a nice hike!

I had one of my best runs in a month today.  I did just under 7 miles.  I still ended up having to stop and catch my breath quite a bit, but it certainly was  better than it has been. Having cool weather today probably helped.  Now I need to finish getting ready to drive to Missouri for a visit with my folks for the next couple of weeks.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Jack, yes I got the Hansons' book. It's a pretty small paperback, not too spendy. I am getting quite the running library going.

They do have a plan online, but IIRC it's not the same as the one in the book.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: You are correct, sir. After the marathon I want to get back to training for the other distances.

She Can: Thank you. Coming from a pro like you, that means a lot. This cycle has not been great, but stuff happens.

Zel: I will be watching your training and the plan. When it comes time to train for another you might be my coach. Smile

hog4life

15 hour work day for me with no running.

SheCan

Awood: You are correct, sir. After the marathon I want to get back to training for the other distances.

She Can: Thank you. Coming from a pro like you, that means a lot. This cycle has not been great, but stuff happens.

Zel: I will be watching your training and the plan. When it comes time to train for another you might be my coach. Smile

These were you first 3 marathons, and all done within 6 months.  The fact that you're even alive is impressive to me.  You might need a break after this one, but wow, you certainly might keep it in mind for later.  Plus you're just darned fast at all the distances, so whatever you do, you'll do well.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny - You're absolutely right.  Eating poorly also has a bit of a snowball effect.  You slip up a bit, and you decide to make it a cheat day.  Then, you it just starts to spill over into the next day.  The continental breakfast doesn't have your usually.  So, you slip in a danish, etc.  It's tough, but I need to buck up and eat right.

Takes a lot of will power to just have a bowl of cereal and fruit at the Hampton Inn all you can eat breakfast buffet.  Of course the rest of the food is usually blocked by the Bigs anyway.