Beginners and Beyond

Flexuose Friday Penguins (Read 27 times)

hog4life

Hi Pengs!

Lauren, sorry you had to go through that! There is absolutely no reason people should act like that. I don't think I would have been as nice as you.

My PF has taken a huge step in the wrong direction. After yesterday's 4.25 miles, I can barely walk today. There will be no running for a few days.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Scotty, Bin, and DR.  Either the penguins are lazy today, or all too busy to post.

3 miles easy recovery jog this morning.

We're going to the Phillies game tonight!

Sorry about the rainout, Margo.  Are you going tomorrow?  Go Sox !!!

I would love to see the Barnes Gallery sometime and a Phillies/Cubs game.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yikes Mitch sorry to hear!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Mitch - sorry to hear the PF is worse.

Coralie - at least you ran, even if it was hellaciously hot.

Scotty and Kristin - I do envy the variety in races you have available.  Our local running club lists some, but not all of the nearby races.  It seems that there is usually about one race a week within an hour's drive, but in the summer they are all short races, including a track meet series in the summer - and a few trail races - but it is definitely quieter when it warms up.

My run today should have been a good one, but it felt really hard.  It seems like I have about one or two really good runs a week, and the rest are just hard work.  As many miles as I've been running, it's frustrating to feel like I'm making no progress at all.  I ran 7 miles, but ended up doing some walking in the middle.  Once again, I started out too fast and burned out midway.

Bin Running

Lauren, sorry abt the lady.. I guess you can only apologize even if you dun meant to inconvenience anyone.. Let it go and enjoy the anniversary..

Scotty, that's a cool website and there are so many races?!

Ginny, Kinvaras is a light neutral shoes with a lower heel drop (4mm).. I ease into it slowly as I had been wearing stability shoes with 10 or 12mm heel drop. I don't want any issues with the achilles heel. Progress come slowly for running.. Speed is not everything.. 1-2 good run weekly is pretty good rate.. I would be happy with one weekly..

Mitch, hope the PF is getting better soon..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Ginny, I didn't have much trouble at all going straight into the Kinvaras.  But I was wearing a neutral shoe with an 8mm drop, so not a huge difference.  I started out just wearing them for regular runs and speedwork, no long runs, but other than that they were just great from the start for me.

I'm sorry that you feel like you're in a running slump at the moment.  Maybe it's time to take a week and just run really slowly and easily to see if that helps?  Or maybe it means that a great run is right around the corner!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ginny, I didn't have much trouble at all going straight into the Kinvaras.

And now, Zelanie, you need to go straight into the tank tops, like the others said.  Big grin

Mitch, so sorry about the PF, hope that resolves quickly.   If not...off to the podiatrist, right?  Cortisone shot, anyone? Shocked  I had to have that done for my PF as a last resort.  Hurt like hell, but in my case, it did help.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt