Beginners and Beyond

Control - Alternate - Delete - Thursday Penguins (Read 29 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

He is ok....I had gotten him on the phone just before I posted that. I was in a coworker's office and the news story popped up on her computer and I basically had a heart attack and sprinted back to my office to call him, and he didn't pick up the first time....but thank God called me back within a minute or 2. Was just scary.

I have not been on TV or the news all day, so did not know about this, wow, crazy!  Glad your BF is okay, Kristin!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, are you going to MCM by yourself?  I have a cousin who lives in Manassas.  That is about a 32-mile drive from DC.  If it comes down to you not being able to find anything at all, let me know, I can always ask if she can put you up.   She is friendly and outgoing, with a good sense of humor and will probably talk your ear off though!  She is my favorite cousin.

We are both going.  Hubby is doing the 10K.  But thanks for the offer!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

The plqn I'm on now is hal higdon intermediate 1. He has 1 race pace run on friday. However I am going to make my wed short runs speed work as well. Then sat is long run.

JBJ: Hey, you can't worry about your friends at work; you can only do what can do. Another important thing I have learned is PATIENCE. With running, you can't expect results overnight or even in a few weeks. Keep at it. Go slow and steady. Get on a plan and do one long run a week, one or two speed workouts, and the rest easy. You will get there.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So, after my hot, sweaty run, I took a quick shower and went to give blood without drinking hardly any  water.  Duh !!!  I need a beer.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris when is MCM again? Last weekend in Oct? I wonder if I will be down there at the BF's that weekend? Maybe another FE?? Or maybe when you come up to run NYC? WAIT.....are those RIGHT IN A ROW?! AND you have Chicago?! Crazy girl Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Scotty, sounds like a miserable reaction! I hate when people get your order wrong. We have a favourite Vietnamese restaurant in New Orleans, and I always ask for the plain rice instead of the house special shrimp fried rice (I'm allergic). Well, I guess they used the same spoon to scoop as I found tiny little shrimps in my rice. Thankfully I only had a bad skin reaction, but we had the epi pen sat out just in case.

My surgery is Monday. We were supposed to get a cold front coming for Saturday morning, but now the Tropical Storm has pushed it to Monday. I'm not happy. The closest place decent to run is 30 miles away, so I will probably stick to local roads for my long run. I just don't know yet.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

On my phone all day today.  In Iowa without a computer.  Short treadmill run tonight.  Still not fully recovered from the race.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Coralie!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The plqn I'm on now is hal higdon intermediate 1. He has 1 race pace run on friday. However I am going to make my wed short runs speed work as well. Then sat is long run.

Sounds good. Be careful with doing speed work and a long run on successive days.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris when is MCM again? Last weekend in Oct? I wonder if I will be down there at the BF's that weekend? Maybe another FE?? Or maybe when you come up to run NYC? WAIT.....are those RIGHT IN A ROW?! AND you have Chicago?! Crazy girl Wink

Yes, yes, and yes.  Trying to book the trip today or tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, sounds like a miserable reaction! I hate when people get your order wrong. We have a favourite Vietnamese restaurant in New Orleans, and I always ask for the plain rice instead of the house special shrimp fried rice (I'm allergic). Well, I guess they used the same spoon to scoop as I found tiny little shrimps in my rice. Thankfully I only had a bad skin reaction, but we had the epi pen sat out just in case.

My surgery is Monday. We were supposed to get a cold front coming for Saturday morning, but now the Tropical Storm has pushed it to Monday. I'm not happy. The closest place decent to run is 30 miles away, so I will probably stick to local roads for my long run. I just don't know yet.

Good luck with the surgery.

And yuck.  I am severely allergic to shellfish and will die if I eat them.  I don't know if I will be able to eat when I get to NO.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Scotty, popeye and olive oil. You cracked me up. You are allergic to onion? Are you a vampire?Clown

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Jerry- I have worn my Kinvaras for LRs, but now that I have my Cortanas, they are my designated LR shoe.  Same 4mm drop, but more padding.  They feel downright cushy!

New shoe size feels good.  I will probably order that size from now on.  It's a full size up from my "regular" shoe size, and a half size up from what I've been wearing in running shoes.