Beginners and Beyond

One less MonDAILIES (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah the vest looks bit too warm, even the green long sleeve looks a little thick.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

The feet?  Numb for the whole run, ha.

Yeah my feet are fine, my hands on the other hand are high flippin' maintenance. 

Docket_Rocket

Yeah the vest looks bit too warm, even the green long sleeve looks a little thick.

The vest is actually thinner than the LS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

It's like rope skipping, jump right in and tell us how fat you got today.  lol

Lol, not feeling bloated yet.

LRB

I read your race thread, I am actually glad I bought 24 pop tarts, they will come in handy!

I do carb load for the marathon and half marathon (although not as much for the latter) and what you are looking for are foods with a high carb count that is not heavy on your stomach and easily digestible.  For that, pop tarts are perfect!

I tried the whole bagel thing pre-race and it is just too tough me to choke one of them things down early in the morning, ditto oatmeal.  So I have found other ways to get the requisite number of carbs in.

You are not really ready for any of that at this point, but as you progress in your running you will come to understand what the thinking is in that thread; high energy foods (meaning carbs) that are easy to eat and do not sit on your stomach.

As an aside, it is wholly ironic that a pop tart discussion was going on in two separate threads, while totally unrelated!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And it looks like you had another layer under the green shirt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I read your race thread, I am actually glad I bought 24 pop tarts, they will come in handy!

I do carb load for the marathon and half marathon (although not as much for the latter) and what you are looking for are foods with a high carb count that is not heavy on your stomach and easily digestible.  For that, pop tarts are perfect!

I tried the whole bagel thing pre-race and it is just too tough me to choke one of them things down early in the morning, ditto oatmeal.  So I have found other ways to get the requisite number of carbs in.

You are not really ready for any of that at this point, but as you progress in your running you will come to understand what the thinking is in that thread; high energy foods (meaning carbs) that are easy to eat and do not sit on your stomach.

As an aside, it is wholly ironic that a pop tart discussion was going on in two separate threads, and totally unrelated!

Bagels and english muffin are not the same lol, bagels are thicker and I don't eat them lol. But I LOVE cinnamon raisin english muffins, and banana bread ones, yummy. I will try the pop tarts in my next training....

That thread actually started before ours did, in my little LLR group i mentioned it to D, and then i guess some members from here read the thread too

PRs

LRB

Bagels and english muffin are not the same lol, bagels are thicker and I don't eat them lol. But I LOVE cinnamon raisin english muffins, and banana bread ones, yummy. I will try the pop tarts in my next training....

That thread actually started before ours did, in my little LLR group i mentioned it to D, and then i guess some members from here read the thread too

Yeah I actually went through this whole thing a couple years ago.  If I recall correctly, two English muffins equaled the carb count of a single bagel (somewhere around 54 grams), one muffin I could probably do, but two was out of the question.

You just have to find what works for you, and you will.  We all do.

Docket_Rocket

And it looks like you had another layer under the green shirt.

I did not run with that one. We were going to lunch so I put that one on after the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

My best pre race meal was melon bread.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I could eat two of those Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins 

PRs

LRB

Lol, I could eat two of those Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins 

Problem solved!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PRs

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Deal!  Wink

I cannot see how #2 is even a remote possibility given your 10k and half split.  Give it another day when DOMS sets in before you start bashing your effort yo.