Beginners and Beyond

Why Is This Piece Of Running Gear Not On The Market (Read 133 times)

lewjeffrey

I am pretty minimalist and do not buy a lot of running gear.  There is one product out there that I never see at my LRS that I really wish someone would carry.  The bulk of my runs are early in the morning (before sunrise) and I have had my fair share of close call with inattentive drivers who do not believe in stop signs or giving runners the right of way.  I wear reflective gear, but what I really wish I had was a horn so that I can honk at cars and give them a piece of my mind.

What about you?  Is there any gear you wish you had that apparently no one has made yet?

Oh yeah, go-go gadget shoes are on my list to make speed work easier.

small air horn

here you go. less than $6.00

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I am pretty minimalist and do not buy a lot of running gear.  There is one product out there that I never see at my LRS that I really wish someone would carry.  The bulk of my runs are early in the morning (before sunrise) and I have had my fair share of close call with inattentive drivers who do not believe in stop signs or giving runners the right of way.  I wear reflective gear, but what I really wish I had was a horn so that I can honk at cars and give them a piece of my mind.

What about you?  Is there any gear you wish you had that apparently no one has made yet?

Oh yeah, go-go gadget shoes are on my list to make speed work easier.

I have always wanted that too.  But not a small horn.  I want a truck horn!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Put me down for an allergy/decongestant pill that does the trick.

#artbydmcbride

I have always wanted that too.  But not a small horn.  I want a truck horn!

I'd like something like the train uses!! 

Runners run

Mmmmm...beer

All I want is something that will keep my nose from running when it's cold out, I have everything else I need. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Damn nuisance runners need to stay off the roads!

<3

All I want is something that will keep my nose from running when it's cold out, I have everything else I need. Smile

Earplugs up the nostrils and be a mouth breather.

D- how much are you willing to pay for a mobile train horn. I can come up with something for the right price.

Tomas

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

what I really wish I had was a horn so that I can honk at cars and give them a piece of my mind.

How about a loud whistle?

**Ask me about streaking**

Mmmmm...beer

Earplugs up the nostrils and be a mouth breather. 

Good idea!  I'm already a mouth breather, just need to pick up some earplugs. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Side track:

On the 'issue' of mouthbreathing and the negative connotation thereof

I have yet to witness any elites personally (I have been around a few lately) that do not breath from their mouths when training.  I would even go as far as saying, if you can get by with *only* breathing out of your nose during your workouts you are not working out hard enough.

Regarding Horns:
                        http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Personal-Anti-Wolf-Protection-Annunciator/dp/B00AQGMXG2

happylily

Road runners are so fussy.  All I need on my TM is a pair of undies and a good bra. Oh... and some shoes too.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Road runners are so fussy.  All I need on my TM is a pair of undies and a good bra. Oh... and some shoes too.

do you really dress like that when you run?

Tomas

happylily

do you really dress like that when you run?

No!!! It's 45F in my garage at the moment...  But I could if I wanted to. Total freedom!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Yugo8

No!!! It's 45F in my garage at the moment...  But I could if I wanted to. Total freedom!

Heh!  Back in the day when I was near my parents, who actually own a treadmill, and when I was sure no one would be home, I totally used to do this.  It was awesome.  In my head, I was all like an elite runner (heh).  Plus, less laundry!