Beginners and Beyond

An Interesting Way to See How You Stack Up Against the Competition (Read 137 times)

Love the Half

Our local runner's site compiles results and ranks folks according to their percentage of the world standard.  Thus, there are some folks who run faster than me that are ranked behind me and some folks that run slower than me ranked ahead of me.  Without starting a debate about AG grading, it's interesting at any rate.

TriStateRacer 5K Rankings

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Yeah, Buffalo Runners does that too: http://jeffjohn.com/top2percent.asp?year=2013&sex=M

Which I only know because I randomly ran a race in Tonowanda last year. Pretty neat way to stack not just times within a race, but performances across all races all year.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

One of the timing companies around here gives you the option of listing the online results of races they do by age-graded performances. I picked up 30 spots in the overall standings at my half last weekend when viewed that way.

Buelligan

A ten year old boy runs a 17:49?   That is unfathomamamable to me.

Walk-Jogger

I like this. Age-adjusting my current 83.26% old-man 5K PR drops my 18:22 down to a 15:09, which I would have really LIKED to run at age 25, had I been a runner back then.

Retired &  Loving It

Hip Redux

A ten year old boy runs a 17:49?   That is unfathomamamable to me.

I "raced" against him in the Charleston 5k I did last year (we were in the same race, but not the same league lol).   Kid is FAST!   And he was nine then.  :P

MrNamtor

I'm in the locally competitive category for my AG. So does that mean that if no one from out of town shows up to a race, it's in the bag for me?

MrNamtor

I "raced" against him in the Charleston 5k I did last year (we were in the same race, but not the same league lol).   Kid is FAST!   And he was nine then.  :P

Someone to look out for for sure.

Love the Half

He lives near me and I have actually done a few workouts with him.  Mine last longer but he's faster.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).