Beginners and Beyond

Ladies: Athletic Amenorrhea? (Read 162 times)

Trail Monster

Thanks all! I will go ahead and make an appointment. I'm a little young for menopause (28) but anything is possible I guess. Thanks for all the input and personal stories. At least I'm not alone in being screwed up! Big grin

and I still can't believe how many guys decided to read this thread. LOL.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Luke79

Guys came into this thread because it says "ladies", but then they're all like:

happylily

LOL... You made me spill my coffee, Luke. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Hey, I'm 37 and I think mine is the early onset of THAT!

Early onset of what??? WTH are you talking about, Little Blue? SHUT UP!

Big grin The Banshee is too young I believe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Mine too, dammit.

LOL... You made me spill my coffee, Luke. :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I have the opposite problem...I'm horribly regular.  Lately it's been 21-24 days, so it's like I get it twice in a month instead of just once.

TxDiverMom

Long ago, when I was 15-20 years old, I played softball in HS & then in league play after HS.  Every year, when spring training would start and I'd suddenly do much more running and exercising (I was a cheerleader but it wasn't as strenuous), my cycle would change.  I always had a long cycle (like 6 weeks), but then it would stretch out to 2 months or more.  A few times, I was really worried about being PG.  But thankfully NO...since I was probably 17 at the time.  Surprised  (And no shocked looks...I'd been dating my hubby of 32 years for 2 years by then.)

I was very tiny and probably had a body fat % down in the teens.  At the time, I weighed 103 and I'm 5'2' and very petite.  (We'll not so petite anymore...but hoping to get back down to 120 or so...I've lost over 40 and have another 20 to go.)

notimeforthat

Thanks all! I will go ahead and make an appointment. I'm a little young for menopause (28) but anything is possible I guess. Thanks for all the input and personal stories. At least I'm not alone in being screwed up! Big grin

and I still can't believe how many guys decided to read this thread. LOL.

Nah, it isn't menopause. I can promise you that. If it makes you feel any better, as a teen/young adult I had very on/off cycles and I am 5'9" and was 115 at the time.

You have to get to a very lean state to have the type of amenorrhea that comes from overdoing the exercise, however, the body does wonky stuff when put to stress (whether it is emotional stress or physical).

They will likely do a 10 day Provera challenge (take Provera on days 1-10 of the month and when you stop you have a withdrawal bleed). That means things are working, but the hormone studies will still need to be drawn to ensure there isn't a pituitary issue or ovarian failure.

Hip Redux

LOL!

I think the guys were hoping that "amenorrhea" was some sort of fancy name for "ass" or "legs".

Trail Monster

LOL!

I think the guys were hoping that "amenorrhea" was some sort of fancy name for "ass" or "legs".

LOL. I have no problem telling people to check out my athletic legs! I'm still searching for my athletic ass! Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop