Beginners and Beyond

Day One Trail Run RR (Read 28 times)

PADRunner

The Day One Trail Run is put on by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to promote the parks and outdoors in the New Year. They had a 5K and 20K race. There were 85 runners and 37 in the 5k that I ran.

This was my first trail run so I didn't know what to expect. It was tough! Not sure if I like trails or not but I'd like to run another some time. The trails are primarily used for mountain bikes and are well maintained.

There is nothing straight.

and nothing flat.

A nice shirt and wood medal.

I finished in 37:05
    4 of 7 in AG
    24 of 37 overall

obiebyke

Oh wow! That course looks like a lot of fun! Nice job, PAD!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

SheCan

Awesome job, trail runner, Pad!  It looks so bendy.  Next time you'll know what you're getting into when you sign up!  Is the finishing medal a cedar chip?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Congrats Pad, looks like a challenge. Was the 20k the same course, multiple loops, or a different course?

PADRunner

Awesome job, trail runner, Pad!  It looks so bendy.  Next time you'll know what you're getting into when you sign up!  Is the finishing medal a cedar chip?

Yes It's cedar, laminated with a decal.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

congrats on the trail run PAD.  20K next year?

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on your first trail race.  If you do some more trail running as practice, racing will be easier next time. Trail races seem to delight in lots of up and down, which takes practice.  Did you have views of the lake?

Congrats on your first trail race. That's a pretty cool looking medal. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Hip Redux

Nothing straight and nothing flat sounds about right!  lol  Great job on the trails Smile