Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Where Inquiring Minds Want To Know... (Read 264 times)

LRB

..of course it was snail-like compared to Heidi's jackrabbit pace but somebody had to pick up the trash, eh?

FYP!

Slow is easy.  Easy is good.  You are good.

runmomto3boys

Woot Heidi!! So glad you glad a good run!

I got my 15 in without too much shin pain so somebody throw the confetti! Celebration! Of course it was snail-like compared to Heidi's jackrabbit pace but somebody has to bring up the rear, eh?

You rocked your run too - 15 miles during the week is no joke!  Plus little shin pain????  Well done!

Thanks, guys.  I ran at the indoor track.  It's hard not to go fast there.  It's a two lane 440 m track, flat, no wind, perfect temps...I got a little carried away, but I really thought I wouldn't be able to run past 7-8.   Oh, hell, who am I kidding?  I felt great, so I just ran hard early on...so be it!  I'll slow it down tomorrow!

Docket_Rocket

Misty, great run.

Heidi, awesome run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Misty

Thanks everyone Smile

Misty

Bless your heart.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm so glad my girls are better!!! You both had SOLID runs tonight and that is fantastic after all you have been through over the past couple of weeks! Boo-yah!!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm so glad my girls are better!!! You both had SOLID runs tonight and that is fantastic after all you have been through over the past couple of weeks! Boo-yah!!!

No doubt - both ladies are HOT runners! They've got some serious running capability! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Misty

Aww thanks Tom Smile.

Flippy- now it's time to get you back in tip top shape!! You have GOT to get better...we're supposed to FE in a couple weeks :sniffle:.

Misty

Bless your heart.

8 miles total. Progression run. 1.5 w/u @ 8:20 pace then 1 each @ 7:41, 7:30, 7:19, 7:08, 6:58, 6:44, 0.5 cool down.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Aww thanks Tom Smile.

Flippy- now it's time to get you back in tip top shape!! You have GOT to get better...we're supposed to FE in a couple weeks :sniffle:.

I know!!!! I'm trying!!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

8 miles total. Progression run. 1.5 w/u @ 8:20 pace then 1 each @ 7:41, 7:30, 7:19, 7:08, 6:58, 6:44, 0.5 cool down.

Beast!!!!! That is a fantastic run!!!

Thanks Flippy....time to start being more serious again. Smile

runmomto3boys

Fuzzy: what a spectacular run!!!! Woot!! Krystal: smooch!! Misty is right - time to get you fixed up good as new. This injury garbage stinks.
                          B-Plus

Great runs RMTB, IR2, and Fuzzy!

I finally dragged my butt out the door and ran 3.5 @ 8:54. Tomorrow will be a better day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for injured runners having strong runs this evening!

Just finished a round of myrtls. My foam roller should arrive tomorrow. I passed my "test" of having no walking pain in the IT band all day, even with the stairs....finally! Though it did ache a bit after the myrtls, but not at the knee....I think it was just from working hip muscles that I'm not used to working. No pain for a full day while walking means I can try running. Though my PT friend says I should maybe try for 2 days pain free. Grr changing the rules on me! So if tomorrow it feels great all day it is on like Donkey Kong for a short, non-hill run on Saturday morning. Here's to hoping...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to