Beginners and Beyond

Two items were delivered today that I hope I never need to use... (Read 113 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The first one is Icespikes . Maybe I won't use them this year, but living in Eastern Pa will surely have it's days

The second is RoadID. I hope to never use this where ever I live. But truthfully I can run with peace of mind - just in case. It will replace the 3 year old crumpled scrap of paper with my name and my wife's phone number. Some thing to think about.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

I did not end up getting the ice spikes last week but plan to.  Or, maybe some of these unobservant people in my life will get them for me...not that that would ever happen...

So riddle me this Batman; do you run back home to get your road ID after you realize you forgot it a half mile into your run?

Hip Redux

There was an article today about a John Doe found in Prospect Park - they finally were able to ID him, but it took a week.  Sad

Hopefully you don't "need" either of them, but good to have just in case.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I always keep my insurance card in my Spibelt and I tape ICE phone numbers to the back.

Never run without my RoadID, even on the treadmill (j/k).

Seriously, when I got it, I proudly told DW about it figuring she would think I was all responsible and whatnot. Instead, she got all panicky and said "why, do you think something's going to happen??"

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gustav- that is SMART to have a RoadID. A local story that was a wakeup call for me to NEVER EVER EVER run without one:

A few days ago a man was running in a park by my apartment that I often run in, and he collapsed during his run and passed out. He had no form of ID on him. It took days to find out who he was while he was in the hospital. He ended up dying Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There was an article today about a John Doe found in Prospect Park - they finally were able to ID him, but it took a week.  Sad

Hopefully you don't "need" either of them, but good to have just in case.

I didn't read this before responding to this post regarding the same story. He ended up dying Sad SO SAD. I run in that park often, so it hit literally close to home for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Hip Redux

I didn't read this before responding to this post regarding the same story. He ended up dying Sad SO SAD. I run in that park often, so it hit literally close to home for me.

Yeah - same story.  Very sad.  Sad

Here's the report I saw.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yeah - same story.  Very sad.  Sad

Here's the report I saw.

Yeah I've read that one. The story was widely circulated by all the local running things (running stores, race organizations, ect) I follow on social media and get emails from, as well as by my friends who live in Brooklyn. So sad.

Mmmmm...beer

So riddle me this Batman; do you run back home to get your road ID after you realize you forgot it a half mile into your run?

Easy, don't take it off. Smile  I wear mine 24/7.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Easy, don't take it off. Smile  I wear mine 24/7.

+1

I have a couple different color wrist bands and change them out occasionally. Even good to have while working out at the gym.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

My ice spikes arrived a few days ago. Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Docket_Rocket

I love my Road ID.  I don't carry anything else during my runs so I am glad to have it just in case.

Now if I can only find it, I can wear it again.  Those damn cats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I wear my RoadID every day.  Pretty much all the time.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Will run for scenery.

Anybody know if RoadID works on trails ?  

I don't know any trails short enough to run on ATM, but someday I'd like to get back up in the double digits. Or at the plurals.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!