Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Taste And See The Goodness Of The ...... (Read 28 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Patellar tendonitis. Sounds like it can be managed but not necessarily cured. We will start with PT but it might also be a suck it up, buttercup type issue.

Also, apparrently I can post using a third phone browser, and I now love asparagus.

Unhappy.  This is what I've been fussing with for about the last year.  Let me know what the PT has you doing!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Patellar tendonitis. Sounds like it can be managed but not necessarily cured. We will start with PT but it might also be a suck it up, buttercup type issue.

Also, apparrently I can post using a third phone browser, and I now love asparagus.

Sorry to hear about the knee, Zelanie.  Hopefully the PT will help.  Don't know if you do strength training, but some strengthening of the supporting areas for the knee (hamstrings, quads, ITB, etc) might also help.  After 4 knee surgeries, my doc is adamant about me doing this and it has contributed to preventing knee problems so far since my last surgery on it.    It may help you too.   Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Unhappy.  This is what I've been fussing with for about the last year.  Let me know what the PT has you doing!!

Sorry, this is NOT what I've been fussing with for the past year.  Mine is runner's knee, not tendonitis.  Please ignore me.  Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just want to say that I like most of the foods that are on people "no like" list...lol  Broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, liver...you name it.  I'd actually like to get some liver again, but nobody else will eat it.  Oh well.

Anyway, I've been piecing together my runs this week with double and any time I can get between work and wedding prep.  I managed to squeeze in about 9 miles Monday, 2.5 with P3 yesterday, and 7.5 today.  I also got my Boston bracelet in the mail.  My week is about to get a lot easier.  My boss called today, and told me to ease up.  He said, "You only get married once...hopefully.".  He explained that he didn't expect much from me this week.  Just keep my cell phone handy in case somebody needs something, but focus on the wedding.  Well, my future in-laws should be here soon.  I better get going.  I'll talk to you all later.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

Zelanie - Glad you got to see the doctor today.  Tendonitis does heal, and the right PT should help you prevent it happening again.

Welcome Baconista!

Awood- nice boss!

Scotty - as hard a time as I have finding shoes to fit my wide feet, I really ought to buy them three at a time, one in each color, but then, it takes a while to figure out whether they really work, and by that time, they've changed the last again.

Finished 12.5, but feel absolutely exhausted.  I was pooped by mile 8, so I ate a couple of blocs and ended up with an upset stomach.  Same happened when I tried Hammer Gels, but worse.  At least this time I was able to keep running.  I need to find something to give myself a sugar jolt that won't make me cramp.  I know a lot of people say I shouldn't need anything to eat or drink, but until I get in better shape, I need help to make it home.  Still, it was a lovely run and the rain held off until I got home.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: Sad, but it could be worse.  Give it time... it will heal.

One Half So Far

+1

Zel: Sad, but it could be worse.  Give it time... it will heal.

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Sloooow.

Zelanie- I'm glad you have an answer, at least. Now you can work on helping it.

Slacking lately, busy busy busy. I've just eaten dinner, so not sure if I will run today. Tomorrow I'm back to running in the morning.

Jimmy. I got the bracelet this morning, thank you so much!

Bin Running

Ginny, not sure too.. Was feeling a little body aches and decided to take a temp.. I wasn't feeling it during intervals.. it sort of happen after dinner..

Scotty panadol is brand for paracetamol..

Mel, glad they figure out your problem.. Hope the PT will helps and it will stay away after that.. Race between you and Awood is a highlight here..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Amazonian Princess

Welcome. there is aplace in town that sells chicken fried bacon sandwhiches (basically bacon dipped in a batter and fried)....I have not heard good things about it.

Sounds interesting - wonder if it comes with a side of Lipitor? Wink

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Also, if you are interested, check out this website http://www.skinnytaste.com/. DW and I have made about ten things from here and I have loved every one of them. I am only sharing because the recipes have a lot of the foods that have been mentioned in today's Pen thread. Have a good day.

Excellent! I have Almond Milk, chia seeds, and (frozen) berries - i think I know what's for breakfast tomorrow!

I can. I will. I am.