Beginners and Beyond

After the New York City Marathon (Read 72 times)

PADRunner

I thought the was a little funny.

After completing the 2014 New York City Marathon, participants fight through fatigue and physical exhaustion on the streets of Manhattan.

Video by Deborah Acosta on Publish Date November 2, 2014.

Video

Little Blue

Owie.  It looks like they all earned every limping step.  Although I'm surprised nobody went down the stairs backwards.

LRB

Although I'm surprised nobody went down the stairs backwards.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea.  I may have to try it...should I ever run one of them stinking things again that is.  

Little Blue

Hmm, that's an interesting idea.  I may have to try it...should I ever run one of them stinking things again that is.  

My very first HM ever, I walked down the steps backward at the hotel.  It was either that or slide down on my fanny!

PADRunner

I haven't run marathon yet but I know the feeling.

happylily

That is too funny.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

That is such a painfully satisfying zombie walk....I love it.

<3

Cyberic

Hahaha, great little movie Big grin

RSX

I saw that on FB and it is funny. My first marathon was great until I found out the post race food involved 1 flight of stairs. We drove by the entrance of the place, and I thought great is that what I am going to face? I still remember that pain and holding to that rail. Fortunately stairs were much easier after that.

happylily

I saw that on FB and it is funny. My first marathon was great until I found out the post race food involved 1 flight of stairs. We drove by the entrance of the place, and I thought great is that what I am going to face? I still remember that pain and holding to that rail. Fortunately stairs were much easier after that.

I think the Boston course was the course that gave me the most stair pains, because of all the inclines and declines. It was funny to see all the runners the next day, everyone dressed in the yellow marathon shirt, walking like zombies and grabbing stair railings as if they were going to fall down. Bostonians must have thought we were looking pretty pathetic that day.  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Owie.  It looks like they all earned every limping step.  Although I'm surprised nobody went down the stairs backwards.

I thought I did see one walking down the stairs backwards.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

That's great, love the stairs!!  I laugh now, but that's going to be me on Saturday!

I remember coming home from my marathon in March, needing to use the bathroom and then remembering that the toilet downstairs wasn't working, I was then cursing myself for buying a two story house. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

sheepla

That was a riot.  I've definitely been that person!