Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!  Sorry to hear this.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found out 1 of our adult nephew's was diagnosed with lymphoma.  Don't know the extent or treat-ability yet other than to say his neck lymphnodes are swollen and the docs said its around his heart and his lungs.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Doug--I am so sorry. The good news is that lymphoma is highly treatable. I know 2 people who have survived it. Keep praying!

Agree 100% with WW.  That's typically a very treatable cancer.  Sorry to hear it, but hopefully the prognosis is good.

So it's starting to sink in that in less than a week, I'm doing this 72 hour race.  I thought back to my 2 previous 24 hour events, and how much of a challenge that was, and this will be x3.  I've got my packing list complete, and have a good handle of all the equipment and supplies I'll need, so that makes me feel a lot better.  But at the end of the day, I'm also asking myself WTH am I doing?

Looking forward to some rest in about 3 hours.  That will be 24 hours of being awake.  Couldn't really bed down for a nap today before work, too much going on, and dinner with my sister. I should sleep well today.

Have a good Friday!  But it's really Monday for me. Meh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Is there a way to get updates, Van?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Van and Doug, do you recall how many stars do you get with a double?  One of hour 6/12/24 hour races is going to switch to January and I think is the day before one of my marathons.  If I train right after Chicago, I think I can do at least 26.2 miles on Saturday followed by the ING Miami, but it would only be worth it for me if I can get an extra star.  I should have 3 stars by December.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, they said they do not do live web updates for the race.  They might throw up a screen cap of the results screen or something, but said it wasn't a priority.  Off the grid it sounds like.

And I believe a Double Marathon gets your 4 stars.

Docket_Rocket

Nice.  I'll wait until they release the date.  A 6 hour race might be OK (not the 12, sheesh) for a double.

Damaris, they said they do not do live web updates for the race.  They might throw up a screen cap of the results screen or something, but said it wasn't a priority.  Off the grid it sounds like.

And I believe a Double Marathon gets your 4 stars.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I assume I might have to do 20/20 on a weekend or two, right?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Doug - Sorry to hear.

Van - Wow!  I think I would be delirious after 24 hours.  Do you get to stop for naps?

I'm just chilling out this evening.  Hitting the sack early so I can drive down to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning for a 25K and be there before 6:30 when the streets close.  It's about a 90 minute drive.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

I think you can stop as many times as you want, which is why I think I would prefer timed races.  When it's not your day, you can still run until you can no more.

Doug - Sorry to hear.

Van - Wow!  I think I would be delirious after 24 hours.  Do you get to stop for naps?

I'm just chilling out this evening.  Hitting the sack early so I can drive down to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning for a 25K and be there before 6:30 when the streets close.  It's about a 90 minute drive.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ah geez Doug.

Long day. Long day. Oh it was a long day. Glad it s the weekend.

Did do a nice run today. And a nice Pilates hour.

Marjorie

Damaris, hope it works out.

Mike, enjoy your evening, and good luck on the race tomorrow!

Marjorie, so let me make sure I've got it right, was it a long day for you?  Wink

Doug, any word on your family member?

Morning.  Notice I didn't say "good", because it's only 1:54 am.

Docket_Rocket

I tis 5:45 am and it has not gotten any better....

Morning.  Notice I didn't say "good", because it's only 1:54 am.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes it was a long day Van.

i hope to now do very little the rest of the day. Got up early to run and got hair cut. Just vegging out sounds good

Marjorie