Beginners and Beyond

Trickin' ThursDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day for me, going to take Dorian over to his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house to visit in his dracula costume.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope the new shoes work for you, Lilac!  I just got some new shoes myself yesterday. Still my ever-faithful ASICS Nimbus, which I always use, but a new pair to replace a pair that has finally worn out.

I dunno, Oski....getting blood drawn on Halloween....spooky! Wink  Hope you get good news at your appointment tomorrow!

Have fun at the expo, Meaghan.  Happy carbo loading!

Happy birthday, Hobbit!  Enjoy your night out!    Here you go:   http://www.americangreetings.com/ecards/holiday-birthday/happy-halloween-birthday/pn/3142962

So, Andrew, what do you have for potluck on Halloween?  Eye of newt....froghair....  Joking

Have fun handing  out the candy, Zelanie!

Damaris, hope everything is okay!

Enjoy your Halloween with Dorian, FreeSoul!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Unsubstantiated I hope.

1.5 and we are now coming in.  Not sure if false alarm but they checked the whole building.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I hope that all of you are having a Pinktabulous start to your Halloween!!

Mike – Thanks for starting us off this morning! Your boys look spooktacular in their costumes! Nice run this morning!

LRB – Based on your posts yesterday and this morning, it sounds like you are healing quite well. Congrats!! Do you have any idea when you'll take that inaugural run?

Scotty – Good luck to Gail tomorrow! I hope that her surgery goes smoothly and that she has a speedy recovery!! Have fun with your 5K tonight!!

Phil – Congrats to you on your Bo Sox win! I thought of you when I saw that they'd won. Have a great run tonight, and I hope you have lots of leftover candy to eat tonight!

Jess – Enjoy the new Altras, and have a wonderful day!

Oski – I hope that you get some answers soon! I know that you're itching to run, but you're being smart to hold off until you have more info. Hang in there!

Meaghan – Mmmmm..... Carb loading! Yum! Enjoy the expo tonight and good luck with your race! You've trained really well so you're going to KILL it!!

Hobbit = Happy Birthday!! Have a Pinksationally great day, and I hope that your night on the town is legendary!

Andrew – Nice run this morning! It always feels good when you have some unexpected time to go a little further.

Zelanie – Have a wonderful evening handing out candy!

Damaris – Sounds like you've had an “exciting” morning! Hope the rest of your day is completely uneventful!

Shari – Have a nice run! Your DS looks wonderful in his military garb! Have a Pinktacular day!

FS – I'm sure that great grandma and great grandpa will totally enjoy little Dracula – very thoughtful of you!

I had my heart procedure on Monday. The doctor says that it went well and that they couldn't induce my heart to go into a-fib after they were done. I came home on Tuesday and spent the rest of the day and all of Wednesday in a bit of a post anesthesia fog of perpetual tiredness. Today, I am doing much better. The severe acid reflux and coughing are subsiding and I have a much better attention span so things are moving in the right direction. I'm planning to go trick or treating with my 4 year old nephew this evening. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay out the entire time because I tend to tire easily with exertion, but I haven't missed a Halloween with him yet so now isn't the time to start. :-)

I go back to the doctor about my foot tomorrow. My guess is that she'll make me stay in the boot for another week, but I'm still hoping that she'll let me out of it this week – not that she'd let me run anytime soon even if she did let me wear regular shoes again, but I'd love to get back to the normalcy of regular shoes again.

Happy Halloween!! I hope that you have a record number of little costumed cuties to give candy to tonight!! And, may your next run prove that you could outrun a group of attacking zombies!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck with the procedure, Sarah.

I mentioned this on last night's thread but Hershey might be getting blocked again.  Fortunately, my neighbor will be watching him once or twice a day and will take him to the vet if needed.  I hope it's not that but he is starting to show the same signs as last time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry to hear about Hershey, Damaris.  You had quite the crazy day!  Safe travel!  Which marathon are you doing this weekend?

Pink, glad your heart procedure went well.  Enjoy tonite with your nephew, but don't overdo it.   Hope you get what you want for your foot issue too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

meaghansketch

Sarah- Glad the heart procedure went well-- continue to feel better!

Damaris- Sorry to hear about Hershey!  Hope he is OK and not blocked.

I am scheduled to get out of work in an hour (and go to the expo) BUT I think I'm about to be asked to be in a meeting that's going to keep me here until 5:00 or later.  Angry

LRB

Do you have any idea when you'll take that inaugural run?

With this particular running injury (unlike any other that comes to mind), you cannot run until you are 100% healed, there is no timetable for when that is because each case is unique.

You must be able to do everything you did pre-injury including jumping, jerking, shaking, sudden movements and the like all without pain.  If you try to run before you are healed, you very likely will go back to square one.

Some people go months or even years with it and the longer you had it, the longer the healing process takes.

My therapist indicated that it could be as many as 12 weeks once diagnosed but lucky for me, I was already out of the extreme pain stage when I first saw her because I had done a self adjustment two days earlier.

Once you are out of the pain and inflammation phase you can begin strengthening exercises which is where I am now.  I feel really good about things but remain uncertain when that first run will be.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear about Hershey, Damaris.  You had quite the crazy day!  Safe travel!  Which marathon are you doing this weekend?

Pink, glad your heart procedure went well.  Enjoy tonite with your nephew, but don't overdo it.   Hope you get what you want for your foot issue too!

I'm doing NY.

Hershey is acting normal so I hope nothing happens while I'm gone.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Moth - Love the pic, enjoy your evening with your boys!

LRB - Glad you're making progress!

Scotty - Thanks for my birthday "card" - Enjoy your 5k tonight!

Baboon - Congrats to your Sox. Hope you found lots of candy today. You should be well-fueled for the 8.

Lilac - Hope you enjoy the new kicks.

Oski - Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you get some answers!

jblackjr - Hope the foam roller helps. They hurt so good!

meaghansketch - Enjoy all the carbs and good luck with your race!

Brrrr - Hope the potluck was good.

Zelanie - Enjoy the RD and the trick or treaters!

Docket_Rocket - Sounds like you had quite a day! Hope Hershey feels better soon!

StepbyStep - Love the pic of DS!

FreeSoul - Enjoy the visit with your family!

Pink - Glad your procedure went well. I hope you get to enjoy the evening with your nephew. Will be hoping for good news from the foot doctor.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I got 4.5 done at the Y.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I had my heart procedure on Monday. The doctor says that it went well and that they couldn't induce my heart to go into a-fib after they were done. I came home on Tuesday and spent the rest of the day and all of Wednesday in a bit of a post anesthesia fog of perpetual tiredness. Today, I am doing much better. The severe acid reflux and coughing are subsiding and I have a much better attention span so things are moving in the right direction. I'm planning to go trick or treating with my 4 year old nephew this evening. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay out the entire time because I tend to tire easily with exertion, but I haven't missed a Halloween with him yet so now isn't the time to start. :-)

awesome!

LRB

I may need to start doing that one for my IT Band. I did buy a foam roller yesterday, that things hurts like a mother .#*%&*#*!

I never used the roller.  Try it, if you cannot put a sock on in one of those positions, you may have found the root cause to your problem.

Scotty, you like me in pink 'eh?

Thanks Meaghan, I really miss racin'.

Boon, I saw that too.  I believe the first game was in '68, the year a young G was born.  Cool

Supp Zelly!

That's a fine looking young man there Shari!  Same with yours Mike!

Thanks HL78!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rain, rain go away. Come again some other day, preferably not somewhere near a race weekend. Hope everyone or mostly everyone is enjoying dry weather, we've got a tornado watch until 1 a.m, fun fun.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rain, rain go away. Come again some other day, preferably not somewhere near a race weekend. Hope everyone or mostly everyone is enjoying dry weather, we've got a tornado watch until 1 a.m, fun fun.

It has rained here all day, but that has never stopped a kid from getting free candy that I know of!