Beginners and Beyond

RR - (pics added) "P.U.N.T. Foundation" 8K (Read 67 times)

Ric-G

wow, that is some roll you're on...excellent racing and nice description of how it played out...

marathon pr - 3:16

happylily

Great pics, Jay! You and Ray definitely were the finish line stars!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Great pics, Jay!  But smile dammit, you just WON!   Big grin

TakeAHike

I love the way your races are actual races and not just organized time trials.  I am usually just running against the clock and haven't felt the buzz of real competition since high school.  Your RRs make me want to seek it out.  I won't be challenging for OA or even AG victories, but I'll try to feed off other runners around me the next time I race.  Congrats on a great victory.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Great pics, Jay!  But smile dammit, you just WON!   Big grin

Yeah yeah... "hey, who's that guy not wearing the race T and looking so serious?"  Big grin

B-Plus

Congrats Jay! What a great race and strategy.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I've said it before, but you're absolutely smoking it right now.  You're also developing some really sweet racing tactics, and you seem to have a really great awareness of your competition throughout the race.

You've also got the unassuming winner factor down going on with the longer shorts and short sleeve t-shirt for racing - cool stuff.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

I've said it before, but you're absolutely smoking it right now.  You're also developing some really sweet racing tactics, and you seem to have a really great awareness of your competition throughout the race.

You've also got the unassuming winner factor down going on with the longer shorts and short sleeve t-shirt for racing - cool stuff.

I know you've raced a fast marathon than Jay, but I don't know who I'd bet on in a race to sub-2:50.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I know you've raced a fast marathon than Jay, but I don't know who I'd bet on in a race to sub-2:50.

He's definitely faster than me in the pure sense. I have every intention of sub 2:50 in October, but if he races his marathon before me I'd venture to guess he'll have it first.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SIAR is a far better marathoner.  Bet on him. Wink  Could I ever go sub 2:50? Maybe, but not without huge miles and Canova style stuff.

TakeAHike - yes, try to beat the people you can beat, that is a big lure of racing, IMO.

Hip Redux

That's called "Incognito Bad Ass " gear.