Beginners and Beyond

Thoughts on this HM training plan? (Read 50 times)

Love the Half

My warm up before workouts is usually about 2 miles.  My cool down ranges all the way from doing nothing to a couple of miles with form drills or strides.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MothAudio

Thanks for all of the feedback guys!  I think I'm just going to focus on building my mileage to 30-35ish per week for now and then jump in with the ryan hall 10 week plan at the appropriate point.  Either for the NYC Half or the Brooklyn Half - to be determined.

I've done research and found a park with a track that is closer to my apartment and doesn't involve running by two housing projects to get to  I'm excited to attempt speed work for the first time.  Is running/jogging the two miles to get there/back appropriate as a warm up and cool down for speed work?

It exactly two miles from the house to the metro park where I do all of my speedwork. I'm almost always loose and ready to tackle my workout, at least physically.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile