Beginners and Beyond

Happylily and Just B.S. - Expect Both of You to Run Like This Fellow Canadian at Age 82 (Read 38 times)

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

Big grin

I'll never be an Ed, I'm sure he is unique. But he definitely makes us proud and he should be an inspiration to all, Canadians or Americans. What a remarkable man!

Thanks for the link!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Oh man!LOL I am done laughing now so I will pick myself up off the floor!Big grin

Old Ed is only 30 years older than me, I hope that I am still running however it will be more

like a 7 or 8 hour marathon at that point.  Lily now that is another matter, that woman just

keeps getting faster!

I do have a good friend locally who is 71 and still running around a 3:30 marathon. He has

slowed down some in the last few years due to a knee issue but if he can get that under

control he could be our next Ed Whitlock Smile

happylily

Jeeze... he ran a 3:30 at age 81! He makes me feel like a real slowpoke. Big grin

B-Plus

What a great day in TO! In addition to Ed, both Lanni Marchant and Krista Duchene went under the 28 year old women's record and Eric Gillis took a stab at the 38 year old men's record. I think we also had the fastest time run on Canadian soil yesterday.

happylily

What a great day in TO! In addition to Ed, both Lanni Marchant and Krista Duchene went under the 28 year old women's record and Eric Gillis took a stab at the 38 year old men's record. I think we also had the fastest time run on Canadian soil yesterday.

Awesome!

Walk-Jogger

Oh man!LOL I am done laughing now so I will pick myself up off the floor!Big grin

Old Ed is only 30 years older than me, I hope that I am still running however it will be more

like a 7 or 8 hour marathon at that point.  Lily now that is another matter, that woman just

keeps getting faster!

I do have a good friend locally who is 71 and still running around a 3:30 marathon. He has

slowed down some in the last few years due to a knee issue but if he can get that under

control he could be our next Ed Whitlock Smile

Just for the record, Ed Whitlock ran 2:54:48 at age 73, the world record for men 70 to 74. Cool

Retired &  Loving It

B-Plus

Ed is doing the current "Ask me anything" thingy at RWOL:

http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/ed-whitlock