Beginners and Beyond

Penguin SATurdaily - Bye Bye May... (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 6 miles with 3 X 800m @ 3% incline. The SF hills are close to 10-15% but little by little, I get to at least 6% which is my goal pre-race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Another day of rest today.  Had to cab back from my student yesterday because subway stairs are a bit killer. Hopefully I will be more recovered by Monday and more able to deal with the subway stairs.

Good luck with your hm tomorrow Kristin.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Holy cow, looks like J Drumm backed up his first 5k pace with 22 more miles at the same pace. He is rocking it!  Hope he lurks on in later. Smile

Jack- yes it's the local Newport. Supposed to be small, flat, and fast if you're still scouting BQ options.

My running buddy finished her first 5k about 3 minutes faster than her practice. She walked most of it, but had a great attitude and finished at a sprint with a huge smile.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - good job on the hill workout.

Jerry - I'm glad you got a run in, even if it was hot and slow.

Kristin - Niagara is a beautiful place to visit.  Good luck running with bronchitis.  Take it easy.

Z - I hope the race went well.  Is the girl someone in your track club?

Brilliant - how lovely to get your run in so early.  I love seeing the dawn, but I'm not a morning person.  Unless I'm racing or I've been up all night, I rarely see the sun rise.

Lauren - how nice to be able to run with your sister.  Enjoy your bachelorette weekend.

Jack - are you performing at the party?  Have fun tonight.

Mitch - good job on the race this morning.  Are you in training for something?  180 miles is a good month.  Did you ever do a RR for your races two weeks ago?

sapf - can you get a ride or catch a cab to work?  I can't imagine trying to hop down stairs on crutches.  Kristin knows though.

AFM:  Great race.  I'll see if I can do a RR worth reading.

Zelanie

Ginny, she goes to my school but did Girls on the Run instead of track club. She was in my class as a 1st grader, and is in 4th this year.

Looking forward to the RR!

obiebyke

Hi all. Ginny, excited to read your RR.

I had the best workout of my life today. For real. Started out with 2.85 miles for One Hour Runner, then 6.15 more run/walk for a total of 9. I felt great.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Brilliant

Jack, yes, I saw that! I don't race a lot - the next one I'm signed up for is the Long Beach half In Oct.

hog4life

Obie, nice run! Those are the best when it leaves you feeling good like that.

Ginny, loved your RR. I am not training for anything yet. I have a half scheduled for Sept. I want to do another full in the fall, but not "plan" for it (in an indirect way). I want to build my miles to a more substantial base with 16-20 mile LR's. Then hopefully I'll feel ready and just sign up kind of last minute. Make sense? If I start planning and training, I'm afraid my work schedule will disrupt things like it did last fall.