Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...great double for me, 20 miles total - 8 miles TM at lunch, then 12.1 miles this evening.  I finally got my new Hoka Stinson shoes, and wore them even though it was drizzling pretty steadily.  I loved them!  You'd think they'd be heavy and slow by looking at them, but they're really quick and responsive.  The best part was that my feet felt great.  I think they're going to be a very useful addition to my stable.

Basya...Just thought I should say "hi" since you're always so good with personals!

AmiK...Great job getting through that tough workout...speedy stuff too.  Trying to match your terrain is a great strategy, although you'll still get some good benefit from doing them on a little hillier terrain too if you're totally bored.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Rondog65

Hello All,

Good training day, 4.7 miles at an 8:54 pace, was planning for about 9:15.  I guess the music shuffle mix must have hit a few fast pace songs that had me kick it up a gear.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ball of Fury

SIAR:  Thanks...nice double!!  I am only trying to do the speedier stuff on hills because I felt like my flat marathon in January was such a change from my normal runs I actually got tired of always having to propel myself forward, does that make sense?  So, I am trying to be a bit more prepared for that type of race.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR:  Thanks...nice double!!  I am only trying to do the speedier stuff on hills because I felt like my flat marathon in January was such a change from my normal runs I actually got tired of always having to propel myself forward, does that make sense?  So, I am trying to be a bit more prepared for that type of race.

I do get what you're saying...I'm running a flatter marathon in April too so it's something I'm thinking about with my training as well.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello All,

Good training day, 4.7 miles at an 8:54 pace, was planning for about 9:15.  I guess the music shuffle mix must have hit a few fast pace songs that had me kick it up a gear.

Nice run Ron...maybe peppy songs are the way to go!

YAYpril - B-Plus

My tempo run was AMAZING. I was planning on a 15-minute warmup, 30 minutes tempo, then a cooldown for however long I felt. Well, I felt so good during the tempo portion that I extended it to 40 minutes. 6.21 miles in exactly an hour. The 40 minutes got me about 4.4 miles.

SIAR, amazing doubling. I'm glad that the Hokas work well. I was wondering what you'd think of them.

Rondog65, talk about blowing a goal to smithereens!

AprilRunner, brava on the extended tempo run.

I just had a thirty-minute chair massage of my neck, shoulders, and back. I feel goodSmile I'm on my way home to play with my MuscleTrac and TheraRoll, and, then, stretch. Nothing wrong with feeling betterWink

Bad Ass

Trust me.  A flat marathon is better.

I do get what you're saying...I'm running a flatter marathon in April too so it's something I'm thinking about with my training as well.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Hi Dailies:

Excellent weather for a SRD - it's fit for neither man nor beast out there right now.