Beginners and Beyond

Brewers Mini Marathon RR - PR (Read 75 times)

Congrats Awood.

Your improvement has really been fantastic, can't wait to hear about the debut 26.2 Smile

Bin Running

Great job, Awood.. 1 more month to go before your debut.. So exciting..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ditto to all of the above!!   You're smokin' with speed!

Randy

onemile

Nice improvement.  I thought about doing this one but was afraid of the hills.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LTH - I agree.  I think I settled on an approach where I tried not to lose too much ground on the way up, and let gravity do the work on the way down.

Jay - You'll definitely hear about the debut.  I was hoping to be a little lighter than I am, and therefore a bit faster, but I certainly can't complain at this point.  I think if I had tried to do any more during this training cycle, I might have actually did more harm than good.

Bin - QUIT REMINDING ME!!!  LOL  I'm a little nervous.

redrum - I don't know if I'm smokin' with speed yet, but I'm trying pretty damn hard :-)

onemile - The hills didn't scare me until I found out about them...haha  I had signed up before I saw the elevation profile.  Then, I had a mini-freakout.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Mr. Consistency.  Great race.  About the sinuses, i always carry a paper towel since DW frowns on snot rockets.  You can stick them in your pants and they never tear.

happylily

Wow, great finish time/PR! I am so impressed by your improvement... Way to go, Awood!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - I tried the paper towel thing this weekend.  I was surprised actually.  I thought it would gross, and / or annoying.  It worked well.  I hope I don't need it again next weekend.

Happylily - Thank you!  I don't think I'm going to post any marathon times like yours any time soon, but I'm trying not to drag the average finish times down too bad :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013