Beginners and Beyond

99 problems but SUNDAILIES ain't one (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue, congratulations on your PR!

kristin10185, I'm glad that you were able to run six miles outside. I'm thrilled by the progress that your CIL is making!

Jay, congratulations on a strong 5K showing!

I did push-ups and foam rolling. The bottoms of my feet and my calves were particularly tight. Much better now. I hope that my two foam rollers fit in my suitcase.

delicate flower

OOTB, congrats on the 10K PR!  Great job toughing it out with dead legs.

Jay, awesome 5K!  Three straight AG awards?  Yeah, I'd say that's a good start to the season.  Wanna trade?

Well the wife and I did not get to run our 8 miles, so it's a URD for both of us.  I don't know what happened....we got our chores done, went out for lunch, then I fell asleep and she fell asleep.  Naps and laziness win!  I am itching to get back to training though.  Yesterday's race definitely left a sour taste in my mouth, and I will not get over it until my next race.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Nice race, Jay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Nice racing Jay.  You are definitely running with a fast crowd.

That needs to be on a running club's T-shirt: I run with a fast crowd.

Great race, Jay!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Here's what yesterday's wind storm did in my back yard.

Really glad that it didn't fall on the garage.

Holy crap Jay.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh and about to go visit my cousin's wife in her rehab facility. She "met" he daughter yesterday and said, "Oh she's so big! I remember her much smaller!" aka she remembered her!

Awesome! I hope that the memory continues to improve with regards to more recent events.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Damn, Jay!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Holy cow, Jay. Though it does look like something might have been gnawing at that tree a bit.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Jay, GI Joe is a great movie....

I am not sure which one I saw, second or third but yes, it was surprisingly entertaining.  Lots of action and the Rock was as swollen as a Macy's Parade float!  lol He made Vin Diesel look small!

Kris, you are up to 6 miles already?  Fantastic!

Nice pace there Ric, I do not even know if 8k's are run around these parts.

Congrats Blue, you are a sub-50:00 waiting to happen.  Just gotta be the right course, conditions and on fresh legs.

Jay, a tree once crushed my garage.  I came home from a night of drinking and actually thought I dreamed it the next morning.  When i went outside I was like "Holy shit, that was REAL!"  lol

B, I would be lucky to get 3 of them things down during a marathon, there is no way in Hades I could do 9.  lol

Nice LR lil!  My last 20 was in 2:54, so you got me beat...not that I was racing you.  ;-)

Speaking of 20 milers, nice run yesterday D2!

Rest is good BBB, now you can get back at it.

Way to to start off the new campaign Jay!  I look forward to your race perspective so it is good that you are back.

Hi D, hi Shari, hi Z, hi Beth!  Supp Drew, Tom and Dave!

'Sup O Skizzy!

As for me, Robo Cop was not as bad as some are making it out to be.  It is more serious than the original and definitely less campy.  I liked it.

Phil, sleep. I envy you and MBC.

Yikes, Jay, I'm glad that you're safe.

Rick, how would you fuel during a marathon?

I did ab work.

Mazal tov to me! I've lost my first toenail. It's on the index toe of my left foot. I had an uncomfortable blood blister (I don't know how it happened) that I drained with a sterilized needle two weeks ago. The toenail remained raised off the bed, so I cut it off, trimmed and filed the others, and broke down and buffed both feet. Wow. My feet no longer look like the hooves of a donkey in my mom's village.

Holy cow, Jay. Though it does look like something might have been gnawing at that tree a bit.

Oh yeah, pileated woodpecker scars had weakened the trunk considerably.  It's kind of ridiculous that birds and wind can be responsible for such mayhem.  And that arrow was in the tree when I bought the house, hah.

LRB

Rick, how would you fuel during a marathon?

I took only water during my first marathon, and water through 13 miles then gatorade the rest of the way for my second.

For my third (which did not happen last fall) I was planning on water at every stop, and a GU every 40 minutes beginning around mile 5.  I was to carry four of them.

Zelanie

OOTB- Now you've learned that however tired and unresponsive your legs feel during a race, you know that you can keep going and may actually have something in the tank for the end.  I hope you take some extra recovery this week if you feel like you need it!

Jay- Glad the house is safe with all of those branches down!

Docket_Rocket

I am not sure which one I saw, second or third but yes, it was surprisingly entertaining.  Lots of action and the Rock was as swollen as a Macy's Parade float!  lol He made Vin Diesel look small!

Kris, you are up to 6 miles already?  Fantastic!

Nice pace there Ric, I do not even know if 8k's are run around these parts.

Congrats Blue, you are a sub-50:00 waiting to happen.  Just gotta be the right course, conditions and on fresh legs.

Jay, a tree once crushed my garage.  I came home from a night of drinking and actually thought I dreamed it the next morning.  When i went outside I was like "Holy shit, that was REAL!"  lol

B, I would be lucky to get 3 of them things down during a marathon, there is no way in Hades I could do 9.  lol

Nice LR lil!  My last 20 was in 2:54, so you got me beat...not that I was racing you.  ;-)

Speaking of 20 milers, nice run yesterday D2!

Rest is good BBB, now you can get back at it.

Way to to start off the new campaign Jay!  I look forward to your race perspective so it is good that you are back.

Hi D, hi Shari, hi Z, hi Beth!  Supp Drew, Tom and Dave!

'Sup O Skizzy!

As for me, Robo Cop was not as bad as some are making it out to be.  It is more serious than the original and definitely less campy.  I liked it.

There are only 1 and 2 so you saw # 2 since The Rock is not on the first.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page