Beginners and Beyond

2014 Twin Cities Marathon race report (Read 49 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LOL!

A few comments...

1. You are not the first to point out the Gene Wilder resemblance. A friend called me out on this out a couple months back.

2. Mbarak Hussein is a beast. Hard to believe he is running 2:22's at age 49. He will DESTROY my AG next year.

3. It isn't that "Journey". Wink

LMAO!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congratulations!  Amazing performance!  Must be nice to hit your goal with a bang.

And all the perks are nice!  Enjoy them!  Well deserved!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice report!  Congrats on your marathon and on beating your goal time!

That elite tent sounds nice...something I will never see, lol...unless maybe I keel over on the course, and that's where they take me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

What a nice detailed, blow by blow account of not only the event, but the ancillary stuff as well.  I am thoroughly impressed at how you put it all on paper so to speak.  Bonus points for the placement of some key swear words, I loved that shit.  Fuckin 'eh yo!

"I took this invitation seriously and I wanted to train seriously and have another layer of accountability."

I love that, it reminds of the euphemism, "You get out of it what you put into it".  It is definitely the message I am taking away from your report.

The paces get stupid sick the higher you climb in our sport, that said you held your own.  It is not out of the realm of possibilities that you could go even faster a year removed from now given the right event and conditions....

As it is, what a way to kick that race in the ass!

B-Plus

That's and excellent report and obviously an even better race. Thank you so much for sharing this. Congrats on an amazing effort and result!

p.s - I was in the elite tent of my last serious race, but I was not invited ... Lax security.

Amazing.

You trained for it, went for it, and got it.  Big, huge congrats Fuzzy.

Zelanie

I love the experience and precision that you brought to this race.  Told like a true professional- congrats!

Mmmmm...beer

Incredible race and report, great job fuzzy!  Those elite perks sound awesome!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!