Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's shrinking Penguin population! (Read 74 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8x800s are done. The last one was tough but the slow recovery run a helps and now I feel good. Have a good night.

Bin Running

Awood, that's so sweet of you..

Jack, nice workout!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Checking in, hope everyone is well. I didn't think people would notice I went AWOL. I've been pretty depressed and I hate to be a downer wherever I am. I'll get better about personals!

2.7 miles today while the kids were occupied with Brave.

Bin Running

Coralie,  don't worry abt the personals... Glad you are back and running..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Sorry you're feeling down.  We're here for you.

Checking in, hope everyone is well. I didn't think people would notice I went AWOL. I've been pretty depressed and I hate to be a downer wherever I am. I'll get better about personals!

2.7 miles today while the kids were occupied with Brave.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Remember when D2 posted about a great run of his? I think I just experienced the same thing! D2, I know the feeling! It didn't feel like much during the run, but when I saw the splits, I was very happy and proud of myself. What a feeling!!  Yeah baby!! This was my Garmin info on my 8x800...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There's Coralie!

How did your surgery go? Sorry you;ve been down. We've missed you! Glad you checked in, and also glad you are running!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Gustav- For real?  My birthday is on the 4th as well!  Hope you had a good day!  We mostly celebrated mine on Sunday, but I did get a nice run with the dogs in the sunshine in my new running clothes.  And DH snuck flowers and chocolates on my desk while I was out.

Jack, Damaris, Mitch, Vince- Thank you!  I know it sounds cheesy, but for the past couple of years every year has been better than the one before.  I know that can't last forever, but I'm so happy to have my health back and feel like I'm on the right track.

Coralie- It's when you're feeling like that that you especially need to check in!  Don't worry about the personals.

Got my 9 miles in with 5 x 1200.  They were seriously not too tough, either intentionally or because I calculated the pace wrong.  But it makes sense that 1200s at slower than 10K pace aren't that painful, right?  So I ran my last cooldown miles at more of a "moderate" than an "easy" pace, ending up with 7@ 9:03, just 5 seconds slower than my 10 mile goal pace.  So that's promising.  The 2 warmup miles ended up being separate because I hit "lap" twice by accident and had to reset my watch.

Zelanie

Nice run, Jack!  Those are some seriously fast recoveries, too!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Coralie: Welcome back! Your avatar and you have been missed. Smile

Bin Running

Jack, that some fast 800 intervals.. You are going to rock that HM.

Mel, you are not slow yourself..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Thanks so much everyone Smile

Kristin- they called a couple of days before my surgery to reschedule. I'm a chronic worrier and the waiting is torture. I'm sure things will drop into place. Trying to get my partner divorced from his crazy ex-wife, the surgery, injured kids, feels like things just snowball sometimes.