Beginners and Beyond

My First Half [Illinois Half Marathon RR] (Read 88 times)

Rondog65

Congrats and great job on your first Half Marathon and a 5K to boot.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congrats on your first!  Careful, this stuff is addictive.  Great job finishing strong.  Keep on building and you'll continue to post some awesome times for a long time to come.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Congrats on your first half marathon!  Smile

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

Congrats on your first half marathon finish! Great job!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

One2Run

Congrats on the double achievement this weekend. Your running history is very similar to mine, thanks for the tips, I do my first half next month.

Congrats Kevin.  HMs are a lot of fun, glad you enjoyed your race.

What are you planning to do next?

Jerryb49

Good luck with finals. Maybe see you on the North Branch sometime.

Next:  IMT Des Moines HM, 10/19/2014  2:17:46

Salt Lake City HM, 04/18/2015

Wisconsin HM, 05/02/2015

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Planning for a lot actually haha. Running the "Food Truck 5k" on May 11th, heading to China for a couple weeks, maybe a 5k in the zoo at the beginning of June. In terms of my next half, I'm looking at the Rock N Roll Half in July.

I also really want to build up my base. But I'm not sure exactly how to do that safely without aggravating my knee again haha.

Congrats Kevin.  HMs are a lot of fun, glad you enjoyed your race.

What are you planning to do next?

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

A huge congrats to you on your first half marathon & that's a great photo of you with the finish line in the background. I ran the full as well and it was a great day for a race. I agree that the park path was narrow and that would have been tough to navigate with folks slowing down to walk. Great job on the race and I really enjoyed the RR! So ... do you have another race lined up to run? You know this racing thing is a bit addictive, right? Big grin

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Dreamer

Way cool!  Congrats!

What are your thoughts on the Hal Higdon's Novice 2 plan for half marathons?

MRT: This too shall pass I made it!

Brrr

Uffda

Congrats on your first half! That's a solid time for your first! (Mine was 9 minutes more than that.)

- Andrew

HobbitLegs78

Fun Size

Great job on your first half!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations on your first half!

Congrats on your first half and way to pick it up at the end. I hope to one day do a race that finishes in a stadium.