Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Who's Frozen in Place? (Read 49 times)

happylily

LOL but I didn't even swim today Smile And it will be a cold day in hades when I can make u

Feel fat and lazy!!!!!

Fat and lazy is a state of mind too. It's MY state of mind tonight, because of you, crazy New Brunswicker! Seriously though, how you can run then cycle after... I don't know how you do it. After I run, I'm done for the day.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

BP actually runs 9:00's more often than not.  Couple few times a month at least.

When BP is in the middle of his training plans, I can't imagine him running in the mid 9:00s. That's MY territory. His recovery pace must be around 8:10/8:40... The range I ran most of my marathons in...lol...

LRB

When BP is in the middle of his training plans, I can't imagine him running in the mid 9:00s. That's MY territory. His recovery pace must be around 8:10/8:40... The range I ran most of my marathons in...lol...

I am telling you he does it all the time, obviously not race pace but recovery, jog, PM doubles whatever you want to call it.

happylily

I am telling you he does it all the time, obviously not race pace but recovery, jog, PM doubles whatever you want to call it.

Maybe because he runs more miles than you and I do? I didn't look at his log. All I know is that if I'm running 50-60 mpw, there are only so many slow (slow being relative, of course) miles I'm willing to do. McMillan says recovery for B-Plus is 8:10/8:40. For me, it's 9:05/9:30, around there. I'm not running slower than that, unless I start running 100 mpw... Life is too short and I only do things I enjoy, now. If I feel so tired that I must run slower than 9:20, I take a rest day, because I need it. Again, it's all relative. I'm not making judgements on paces themselves. only on what they mean in relation with our PBs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very hard to follow two conversations happening at once, people! 

Damaris

B-Plus

BP actually runs 9:00's more often than not.  Couple few times a month at least.

This is correct. I run exclusively 9s nowadays … when I do run. But Rick is correct, even when I'm in super B+ training mode, recovery runs (or when I did easy doubles) can be anywhere from high 8s to mid-9s.

Off to dig up lily's RR now