Beginners and Beyond

Back into a groove (Read 92 times)

What's up people from the old RWOL forum. Just found this forum.

Signed up for a Tough Mudder in June and have started building up my mileage after piddling around just doing 4mi every now and again.

Just got up to 6mi.

Nice to see most of the usual suspects from RWOL here.

-Dean

Docket_Rocket

Hi!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hey, welcome!

Tough Mudder races scare the crap out of me.  Please be careful.  (Do I sound like somebody's mother?  Well, I am LOL)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Luke79

Hey man, welcome.  Do you have a 10k in your sights yet?

Luke

SheCan

Hey Dean!  Glad you found your way here!  Welcome!

What's up people from the old RWOL forum. Just found this forum.

Signed up for a Tough Mudder in June and have started building up my mileage after piddling around just doing 4mi every now and again.

Just got up to 6mi.

Nice to see most of the usual suspects from RWOL here.

-Dean

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Walk-Jogger

Hey, welcome!

Tough Mudder races scare the crap out of me.  Please be careful.  (Do I sound like somebody's mother?  Well, I am LOL)

For good reason. My youngest DD did a tough mudder a couple years ago and turned her knee backwards landing after jumping off the last obstacle into the mud... Did some damage to her knee which eventually healed, but it made me nearly pass out just hearing about it after the fact.

Retired &  Loving It

Thanks, folks.  I had been concerned with injuries in the past.  I have a friend who has done 5-6 of them (obstacle races) with no issues.

So, I guess it's one of those "you never know until you do it" deals.

I'm just building mileage now. I work every other weekend, but I don't see I 10K in my area until may 25th anyway. I may very well do that race.

-Dean

Love the Half

As a technical note, one is not a "usual suspect" if already proven guilty.  Joking

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Welcome to the nut house.

@runjerseygirl

Welcome to the nut house.

+1.  Welcome. Smile

Do you even run?