Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Know - If The Shoe Fits, Run In It! (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Shocked ONLY?????

It's only like 4 miles long, Ginny, but it has over 1000 stairs and lots of hills and then there's a shorter more intense "iceman" after the main race.

Sounds like you had a good walk day with your dog today.  It's nice to get out and do something different sometimes.  Did you end up getting your TM run in?

Scotty-- I'm glad at least that your home has stayed safe and unflooded.  I promise not to send out "rain for San Antonio" vibes for a while!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Cherie - I did a good 6 mile progressive run on the TM. Put a video about Denali in the vcr and pretended I was running outside.

Scotty - I didn't get in the creek, I was wet enough from sweat, plus Ben shook himself all over us.

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all Smile

Gustav- URD's happen, you have a good attitude about it. Such a long day sounds miserable.

Jerry- Handy with the lawnmower, nice work!

Hey Steph! Glad to see you back.

Bin- Have fun with your new Garmin. I love mine, they are useful little things.

Jerry- How exciting, this is your second one right?

Scotty- I'm constantly horrified at how high the temperatures you run in are. Hope you didn't melt!

Dave- Awesome news about your hip! I'm pretty sure I know the stretch you are talking about, it helped me with sciatic pain.

Mitch- Hope you had a restful days sleep.

Zelanie- Hope the 3 goes well. That cake sounds amazing. I love lemon curd on toast Smile

Docket- Sorry about the back troubles, hopefully the chiro got you nice and straightened out so your run goes well this afternoon.

Fitfatboy- Have a wonderful rest day!

Jack- Hope your 4-5 goes well. That mud run sounds... interesting, lol. I bet you'll have a blast, the RR should be unique!

Cherie- Sounds like a wonderful 12! Stair climbing I would fail miserably at. We have two steps into the house, and that's it. It would give you something different to look forward to though!

Ginny- I'm pretty jealous of your dog, playing in a creek sounds wonderful in this heat. Glad your treadmill miles went well. I have a TV I need the other half to hook up in front of my treadmill, I'm getting bored with my music.

AFM- I'm derailing my mileage for the week and taking today off. Icing my shin splinty leg, I just need a rest day. I signed up for a subscription box called StrideBox, which is running related drinks, fuels, accessories. It looks interesting, and I'll get to try a bunch of stuff. Obviously I don't need fuels on my measly mileage, but I'm excited anyway Smile

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, it did!  He moved another section this morning and the pain is gone!  GONE!

2.5 with hubby who jumped to 3 intervals of 10:2 and 2.5 solo.  Even the weights went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jimmy, it doesn't come with velcro strap.. will see it that's a possibility.. At least as a backup in case the rubber one snap.. (which shldn't and I am probably over reacting since tons of runners has no issues)

Thanks, Cherie.. It's a "small" watch and cld past as a daily watch.. I don't even have thick waist.. I like it already.. Just need to see if I like it after the race.

Ginny, it's a midnight race.. 1130pm which is good for hot place like mine..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Thanks, it did!  He moved another section this morning and the pain is gone!  GONE!

2.5 with hubby who jumped to 3 intervals of 10:2 and 2.5 solo.  Even the weights went well.

I know that feeling all too well! My second pregnancy I had sciatica from about 18 weeks until 38 weeks. I could barely walk, it hurt so bad. One day, she just moved off the nerve. Pain gone. Just completely gone. I could run at 38 weeks, haha.

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I did my five and am now enjoying a smoothie. After a shower, I will then begin to enjoy the golden nectar. Hey, I'm on vacation!  Smile

GinnyinPA

Bin - a midnight half marathon?  Wow.  I'm looking forward to that race report.  Kind of hard though if you're used to getting up super early to running in the morning.