Beginners and Beyond

A question on strides... (Read 111 times)

B-Plus

Do you guys really think the Garmin is accurate enough over 100m? I don't know, but call me a skeptic.

LRB

Do you guys really think the Garmin is accurate enough over 100m? I don't know, but call me a skeptic.

I do not look at my watch while running strides because I think it is pointless, so in that regard, I cannot say if Mr. Garmin is accurate or not.  I can say however that its paces are pretty consistent (as it relates to time/distance traveled) when analyzing data post-run.

That is, I can pretty much feel what pace I am running each stride at, and this usually jiives with what I find when I get to the 'puter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

100m, 105m, not much difference, whether the Garmin is entirely accurate or not.  It's the type of exercise that works on your form, not the speed or the actual distance.

Damaris

B-Plus

100m, 105m, not much difference, whether the Garmin is entirely accurate or not.  It's the type of exercise that works on your form, not the speed or the actual distance.

Yep. This is why I don't bother looking at my watch or hitting the lap button. But when I was new to doing strides it was fun to look down and see a sub-6 pace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I use the lap button as I have to report the paces to my coach butI usually run for 25 seconds rather than the 100m. Which ends up being 100m or thereabouts.

and I have been running for close to 15 years and still like to read sub-7mm in my workouts.

Damaris