Beginners and Beyond

Well-Slept MONDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Scotty

Hah!  If only! This morning was rough, I definitely felt the hours of strolling around.

Sounds like you are on the mend and you ran strong as far as I could tell!  Thanks again!

LRB

10 miles and a bit at a slow 8:36 pace. It was hot, humid and tornado windy. I saw a dead snake on the dirt road. I also saw an eagle. And I caught a baby mouse in my bedroom last night. I released it outside. The wildlife is WILD around here!

I saw a mouse looking thingy at a job this evening but it was not a mouse.   

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn sinuses!!!!  Woke up this morning feeling like a train ran me over, but didn't think any of it until my nose started dripping. Yep, I'll be happy when this is over.

I am hoping this beautiful weather stays for the rest of summer, that would be awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

There may have been more to my lack of motivation this morning.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon very thirsty, then at martial arts, just doing some back falls seated (rocking backward) my stomach start to turn, and the minute we did a back fall from a standing position (down, backward somersault, stand up), I should have stopped. But I tried to do the full set, and to do the forward rolls, too. Bad idea. I felt like I was somewhere between passing out and puking. Still not 100%, and on the drive home my lips started drying out, which is usually a sign I have a fever. Thermometer said I'm a perfect 98.6*, but I don't believe it. Ate some dinner, and have some paperwork to do before bed, but I plan on sleeping in tomorrow. This may be more than a cutback week - it may be a zero running week, since Thursday through Saturday are out.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

After missing the turn-off when I went out there on Saturday, this evening I had a successful course scouting run for my upcoming 10k. 8 miles done with some strides.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I saw a mouse looking thingy at a job this evening but it was not a mouse.   

Well, LRB, quit looking down at yourself then, when you pee! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt