Beginners and Beyond

Sunday anyone? (Read 43 times)

LRB

I love you.

Nice run too!

LRB

5K turned out to be a trail course, some of it was nice and flat and some was rocky/hilly - big PR anyway at 24:47, my Garmin had 3.06 across the finish line so I'm figuring shooting for 23Tight lippedx on a flat road course should be doable. And I was first woman since the field was so tiny, haha Smile

Very nice!  You are just getting started!

Mmmmm...beer

Great races Rick, Damaris & Lauren!

Awesome LR Zel, and killer dessert!

Had a great LR myself today, 20 miler with some GMP miles, goal was 6:45 for miles 14-17, ended up with 6:37/6:32/6:31/6:33. Great run, felt strong, weather was absolutely perfect! This was the first fast running I've done in about two months, felt good.  Very happy with this run, especially with my high mileage lately.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mmmmm...beer

Oh, just realized, I caught the pace bunny today, woohoo! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Had a great LR myself today, 20 miler with some GMP miles, goal was 6:45 for miles 14-17, ended up with 6:37/6:32/6:31/6:33. 

Geezus man, those are real balls right there yo!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats to the racers today!  Nice work Docket, Lauren, and LRB! 

I hope you guys aren't tired of hearing about it, but I had a great LR this morning.  Last one before my race!  It was full dress-rehearsal mode, same gear, same sports drink, etc.  I went into it feeling nervous, but ended up starting easy and honestly having a lot of fun the whole time.  I felt like I was ready for it. Smile  One fun tidbit- on the way out, I saw a couple running with big grins on their faces, and he had a Portland Marathon shirt on.  I saw the same couple about 4 miles later, on a different path, so I asked if they were out for their last LR, and they were.  From there on out, I just felt great.

First mile 11:20, last mile 9:22, overall 10:06.

I didn't even have to use the extra motivation that I had this waiting for me at home (for those who can't decide between a cookie and a brownie):

OMG I am in love............ and in tears, I want that so badly. Where did you get that piece of heaven?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

OMG I am in love............ and in tears, I want that so badly. Where did you get that piece of heaven?

Haha, LR appetite there, too?  Local "fancy" grocery store had it for $2.99 at the pastry counter.  That's coconut in the crust. Smile

D2- Very nice run!  Good luck on your TM adventure!  I ran almost all summer on the TM, it was just fine.  Took about a week to adjust when I got back.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Google reveals many cookie brownie bar recipes. They look fabulous.

Marjorie

LRB

Google reveals many cookie brownie bar recipes. They look fabulous.

I wish it would bake them as well.  lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh sweety LRB. I would make them for you if I was there.

Marjorie

LRB

Oh sweety LRB. I would make them for you if I was there.

Ironically I bought oatmeal raisin cookies from Mrs. Fields yesterday and finished them off today.  They were okay but not as yummy as I recall.

Hi dailies:

Rick - great HM!

"Toronto" Bills - No. The new owners have no interest in relocating.  Sorry, Bon Jovi. (Also, the Fish were well-squished today!)

5.1 easy after my arm was twisted to stay at the 'rents for lasagna. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha, LR appetite there, too?  Local "fancy" grocery store had it for $2.99 at the pastry counter.  That's coconut in the crust. Smile

D2- Very nice run!  Good luck on your TM adventure!  I ran almost all summer on the TM, it was just fine.  Took about a week to adjust when I got back.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

I feel like such a slouch with less than 30 miles this week.

on my way to badass

I feel like such a slouch with less than 30 miles this week.

+1

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28