Beginners and Beyond

Get your WednesDAILIES here (link) (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

You sound like me honey, I have been spending money like the shit is going out of style this off season.  lol

As opposed to what? 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

As opposed to what? 

Trying to get a 10% return in a money market  fund 'cuz we know that shit ain't happening.  And if by chance it does, you will lose double that the next day.  lol

B-Plus

My foot hurts so URD. Too bad cuz I was just getting consistent.

Dave, great job fitting five miles into your day before work.

Lily, way to go on the fourteen! Enjoy the sandwich for me, too, while you're at it.

Rick, great job cross-training by shoveling.

Damaris, I'm glad that the three miles went well. Congratulations on your new car!

B-Plus, ouch! I hope that you're well enough to be back in action ASAP

Push-ups and ab work are done.

Does anyone have any info about the elevation profiles of the Jerusalem Marathon and Athens Classic Marathon? I want to compare.

Good night, everyone

Just B.S.

Good work everyone! Big snow today still going strong so I am inside again.

Tonight same as last night just more miles.

20 miles spin

5 miles run

Upper  body stuff

Will run for scenery.

Back home from 800 calories of cardio and 2.5 wondeful miles on the TM.  I warmed up, started at 13:30 and progressed gradually up to 10:00.  I felt smoother and more relaxed at 10:00 !

Anyway, the idea of running is great and the running itself felt great - all sorts of body parts coming out of hibernation.  Foot pain hasn't been an issue recently, and the recent ankle/AT stuff seems manageable (careful warmup, exercises).

Keep your spirits up - the days are getting longer! (for most of us....)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OMG. I was reminded why I should never eat a big meal, even five hours before, the day of a run. What a wicked side stitch. I hobbled for 5.50 miles in 59:07 (10:45 pace) before I quite. Effityeffeffeff. I walked for a bit until the discomfort stopped.

I'll hit the weights in a few minutes.

Well, at least you didn't puke on an old lady's yappy little dog, like I once did after having pizza pre-run.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt