Beginners and Beyond

ThursDaily Penguins (Read 31 times)

Bin Running

Damaris, I only have 3 days left.. haa Bad thing abt being in the East.
    Tomas, you must have a rather big namecard to put all those title in...
    Cherie, finger crossed too.. I think the effect of pollution would only kick in mich later.. It's a cumulative effect I guess.
    Mel, well done on the 7 days streak..
    Lauren, good job on the mile.. hope you are not too sore..
    Jack, 105 is hot even for me.. Hope no fires for you..
    Scotty, we did offered help by ways of seeding the clouds but I guess they have their pride to guard.. well.. We are only a small dot.. we will be crushed like a cockraoche.. You are still feeling the effect of the hotdog from HELL?

8M done at indoor track... Air clears off a bit and it's cooling with only a handful of people.. Took 2 orange and some strawberry as recovery food... Gonna take a cold bath and watch "Taken 2".

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A well laid plan:

Do my long run today. I have off my full-time job and all the time in the world. I A) Have a busy weekend visiting my boyfriend and would rather do shorter runs then, and B) That gives me a full week between my LR and my 10K on the 4th and only shorter runs in between

Result:

I apparently have a slow learning curve. We are in a heat wave, and the past 2 runs I have done this week on my week off work I have lamented starting too late and it being too hot (8:30 being "too late") but getting up before sunrise on a day off is tough. So when did I start my run today? 10:30am. And what was the weather? high 80s, "feels like" 90, 69% humidity. I lost 2 lbs of sweat during my run (weighed myself before and after) even while drinking 20 oz of water during it. Every inch of my clothing was soaked.....my visor was literally soaked to the brim. So I did 7 miles, it wasn't that fun, and my pace was a humiliating 13:27. Yeah that's a solid minute slower than RECOVERY pace. Damaris, I don;t know how you do it, but mad respect!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Oh my Looooord. I think my demonic bastard of a treadmill is trying to kill me with forced fartleks. FINALLY got 6.1 miles in, my distance PB. I made the mistake of going outside into the oven to let the chickens out, I'm now slumped on the sofa sipping Ribena to try and pass this dizzy spell.

Awood- Early congrats on the 200 month! Also on the weight-loss, you definitely are on track!

Phillie- Congrats to you too! That's an awesome streak you have going.

Bin- Not wanting to run with such awful air pollution is smart, it's not chickening out. I saw in a later post you did get a run in, it is best that you judge when you can run. Don't feel forced to!

Docket- Good luck with the 5 and weights!

Tomas- Sweet 6, and congratulations on your promotion!

Cherie- A 9 mile race in Arizona. Yuck! I bet you will have a blast though.

Zelanie- As long as you promise Wink Hopefully your knee is feeling a lot better.

Lauren- Good day to rest your legs! I've had my legs give way underneath me from muscle overuse before, lol.

Jack- I don't know how people run in the heat, it's hideous. It's not secret that I hate the summer, no idea why I live somewhere where summer is 9 months a year. MT sounds like it would be a lovely break from the heat.

Scotty- Heat index is 100F here right now with 73F dewpoint. I don't like it one bit. I'm glad the lung nodule doesn't seem to be causing any breathing issues, definitely a good sign. Smart taking it easy after your illness too Smile

"The world's lowest recorded relative humidity value occurred at Coober Pedy in the South Australia desert when the temperature was 93 degrees and the dew point was minus 21 degrees producing a relative humidity of 1 percent."

Do you think a person would pretty much instantly turn into a mummy?

Kristin- Respect for you too for sticking at it in those temperatures!

Docket_Rocket

Haha.  Minus 21DP?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Coralie, trying my best to judge if it is good to run.. We have an hourly PSI update and I am using that as a guide..

Taken 2 is good.. Not as good as Taken but still worth a watch..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Coralie  "Oh my Looooord. I think my demonic bastard of a treadmill is trying to kill me with forced fartleks. FINALLY got 6.1 miles in, my distance PB. I made the mistake of going outside into the oven to let the chickens out, I'm now slumped on the sofa sipping Ribena to try and pass this dizzy spell."

LMAO--- I know I shouldn't laugh, but you're just so colorful!  The heat is terrible I think about everywhere.  Great job on the PB though.

Scotty-- "So what is on the Colorado plans for today, She Can?"   I tried to run a bit and hike some, but apparently the heat followed me from Arizona.  Its up to 96* here.  I ran about 4 miles and walked a couple, and that was it for me, too hot!  So I ended up exploring (driving) some of their dirt mountain roads.  Soooo fun!  I felt like Ginny, except I wasn't really trail blazing!  Tonight we're going to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for an adults only moonlight animal showing with drinks.   BTW, glad you're feeling better and ran today, Scotty.  Your last 3 days didn't sound so good.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello Peeps.  RD #4 resting the hip.  Not even sure anymore which hip was the culprit.   So, I'll start some 1 mile runs in few days and see what happens.  Never did call the Dr. since I know he would say give it a rest.  Besides, it doesn't seem very life-threatening.  Not committed to any races, so I can take my time.  ITMT, my DW/RP is doing just fine without me.  Off to take an after dinner walk with DW and start another 3 day weekend after a gruelling 14 hour week.  Looks like the heat is off for the next week, so I hopefully I can run.

Docket_Rocket

Feel better, Jerry!

The 5 miles sucked weatherwise and the weights were too tough today.  not my best day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

No running today.  We spent the day doing trail work: 6 miles of walking, lopping and sawing took us 8 hours, 5 of them in the rain.  Didn't quite finish, but at 4:00 we had all had enough so we turned around to walk back to the car.  My legs were fine, but my arms and back were aching.   We all were soaked and the temperature had dropped to 65.  By the time we finished, we really didn't want to camp, so we stopped at the nearest town for a burger and a beer, then drove until we found a motel that had room.  (First one didn't.)

Too tired for personals - except Tomas, congratulations on your promotion and multiple titles.  Do you get four salaries now?

No running today.  We spent the day doing trail work: 6 miles of walking, lopping and sawing took us 8 hours, 5 of them in the rain.  Didn't quite finish, but at 4:00 we had all had enough so we turned around to walk back to the car.  My legs were fine, but my arms and back were aching.   We all were soaked and the temperature had dropped to 65.  By the time we finished, we really didn't want to camp, so we stopped at the nearest town for a burger and a beer, then drove until we found a motel that had room.  (First one didn't.)

Too tired for personals - except Tomas, congratulations on your promotion and multiple titles.  Do you get four salaries now?

I joke with the high school principal that they give me titles in exchange for money. The more they give me the less that they pay me. They figure my ego boost will pay the bills.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas