Beginners and Beyond

Don't Pants your Poop (Read 164 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope this works... I've ran this half twice with no bathroom issues except for the first time because my son was dancing on my bladder at 13 weeks pregnant. I am so gun shy right now because of the damn 12 miler last Sunday.

Hmmm... Any other ethnicity of pig knuckles that turn you off or is it relegated to your distant southern neighbors?

Wink

coffee + race nerves + porta potty ( repeat potty as much as possible)

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Coffee, light roast, with or without cream, usually does it.  I've actually read that it's not the caffeine, it's the warm fluid.  Supposedly you can get the same effect with hot tea, but I've not tried it.

If I got close to race time and had any doubts, I'd run a good warmup.  About 1/2 mile is what it takes for me.  If the first mile goes by with no obvious urges, I'll be fine.  I've never had to stop during a race.  Knock on wood.

I normally subscribe to the coffee method myself. Hydrate well the day prior, lean towards water soluble fibers (fruits, etc.), and get up early enough to let the coffee take effect. A little post-coffee activity will usually loosen things up for me. Maybe a few racks of pool, or a short warmup run.

Knocking on wood as we speak!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, everyone who doesn't have any problems with this needs to knock on wood.

I normally subscribe to the coffee method myself. Hydrate well the day prior, lean towards water soluble fibers (fruits, etc.), and get up early enough to let the coffee take effect. A little post-coffee activity will usually loosen things up for me. Maybe a few racks of pool, or a short warmup run.

Knocking on wood as we speak!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)