Beginners and Beyond

Like Fuzzy, I too have my own Boston memories. (Read 182 times)

RSX

Congrats Lily and great pictures.

LRB

I was going to write a race report (I wrote one yesterday, but I lost it because of my damn computer), but now I am too conflicted about it. My experience in Boston was wonderful, like a dream come true, and I feel really guilty about it. I have gained a new level of love, respect and admiration for the United States and its people. I will forever be grateful to Bostonians for their hospitality and concern for my well-being after the events. My heart aches for the three victims who were cheering for me before their deaths. I feel it is wrong to write about my happy experience in the midst of all this sadness. I just wanted to say thank you to Boston, its citizens, the B.A.A. and Americans in general, for all the happiness you brought me during my race.

An unfortunate truth in life is that it goes on.  You, and others who were at the event, are not expected to keep all the good things that happened prior to the tragedy bottled up forever.

The racing pics from our members that were there all seem so vivid!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I am so relieved that you found happiness in this remarkable event, given your apprehension and nerves in the weeks leading up to it.  As I said before, it is your race not ours.  So while I too miss you taking us along on your journey in print, I respect your wishes.  You may want to right up a RR for your own records, so that some day you people who are close to you can remember your thoughts, experiences and feelings, just write it and file it, no posting here.

Canadians are not that different from Americans, we are just louder.  As I told my 10 yr old on Friday, we live in an amazing Country, don't try to mess with us.  You push our  button and you will pay.  Truly devastating for that little boy and the hundreds who were maimed, but you know there is a plan for all of us, and perhaps this is his way of reminding us to always fight evil - no negotiating.

You, Brad, Shirfan, Fuzzy, Goo and the others who ran - I salute you for your inspiring performance  and yes all of you make me run a little harder in training, push a little harder on that last sprint, run that extra half mile at the end in hopes of someday qualifying for Boston.

MrNamtor

Beautiful RR and you are beautiful also

Edit:After reading your RR, I realize now that this is not an RR. Your REAL RR is truly truly beautiful.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Accent the positive. You went to Boston and ran your race. Make this a testament to Boston hospitality, resilience, and courage.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

You look so beautiful and strong in those photos!  I hope that you are able to cherish your memories from the race.  You deserve it!

MrNamtor

Great picture Julie! Notice how everyone around you has a lower bib number - nice!

Yeah! MOTH!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

congrats and thanks for being a great running partner and friend.  Remarkable memories, no doubt.

Great pics, congrats!