Beginners and Beyond

Running-related Nerdy Purchases (Read 171 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I couldn't carry a water bottle, but I'll probably learn the hard way some day that I should at a certain mileage.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cmb4314

I couldn't carry a water bottle, but I'll probably learn the hard way some day that I should at a certain mileage.

That is what my Camelbak is for.  Having something heavy in my hand while running drives me batty.

I don't have any running items that are nerdier than the average runner, but then again, a lot of running gear is pretty nerdy in and of itself.  I have a headlamp, and a spibelt, and a Garmin, and a Camelbak, and compression socks, etc and so forth.  I fortunately cannot say that I've ever worn all of those at once, LOL.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I want to see someone wearing all of those. I've contemplated buying a camelbak but I did once and didn't like it and also I feel I won't really need one until I'm regularly running 10 miles or more in heat, I do pretty well without one right now... or at least I think I do.

That is what my Camelbak is for.  Having something heavy in my hand while running drives me batty.

I don't have any running items that are nerdier than the average runner, but then again, a lot of running gear is pretty nerdy in and of itself.  I have a headlamp, and a spibelt, and a Garmin, and a Camelbak, and compression socks, etc and so forth.  I fortunately cannot say that I've ever worn all of those at once, LOL.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hell no C. That's ironically retro. Very French Foreign Legion. Tres hip.

After you said that, all I can think of is this:

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Love the Half

Hell no C. That's ironically retro. Very French Foreign Legion. Tres hip.

"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacré mercenaire"

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Ultra Aspire Kinetic race vest on the way.  Officially deep into ultra-nerddom.  http://www.ultraspirestore.com/Kinetic-2012-p/ua502.htm

Upcoming races:  
              Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
              Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
              Sweetwater 50K 4/12
              Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
              Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
              H9 50 mile 8/9
              Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
              Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
              Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
              Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Absolutely Yes...

But your damned fast so F it, carry on!

I don't know - is my new Talson UV Flap Cap nerdy?