Beginners and Beyond

Lettre ouverte au lys heureux... (Read 106 times)

I feel glad my French is still advanced enough to understand this whole conversation.

Exactly this.  Reading and understanding is a lot easier than writing or speaking though, I'm pretty rusty at that.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Hahaha je n'étais pas sur RA depuis quelques mois et puis je me suis tombé sur un thread (peut-être qu'il y a un mot  "du bon français" que l'on utilise :P) en français.

À l'OP - C'est chouette que tu vas venir en France pour faire une course. As-tu déjà le certificat médicale?

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

SusanRachel

Me three.  I understand and could come up with some of it, but I have lost a lot of the verb tenses (understand them when I see them, but can't remember how to conjugate them).

Exactly this.  Reading and understanding is a lot easier than writing or speaking though, I'm pretty rusty at that.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ditto. I'm picking up the basics of the posts, but couldn't give an exact translation.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Adam! Comment vas-tu?  C'est chouette de lire le mot "chouette" sur ce site.  (nous ne disons pas souvent chouette au Quebec)

For the record, I do not speak, do not read, nor do I understand, English at all.  Like jblackjr, j'aime Google Translate. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Don't worry George, a good chunk of direct translations make no sense!

Adam! Comment vas-tu?  C'est chouette de lire le mot "chouette" sur ce site.  (nous ne disons pas souvent chouette au Quebec)

Je vais assez bien, après deux mois de retour au Canada (et au Québéc, où ils ne me comprenaient pas bien) je suis revenu en France pour un boulot (je crois qu'il n'est pas utilisé au Canada non plus). Comment vas-tu?

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Will run for scenery.

C'est chouette de lire le mot "chouette" sur ce site.  

Ouais, ça déchire. 

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

#artbydmcbride

I want to do the Marathon du Medoc someday!

http://www.marathondumedoc.com/index.php

Runners run