Beginners and Beyond

Friends and Family TuesDAILIES (Read 217 times)

runmomto3boys

Thanks, guys!  I appreciate it.  I have had some hip pain/piriformis stuff in the past, but nothing that has ever caused me to miss runs/cut them down so drastically.  Ah, well.  I just want to get healthy and better, but I don't want to run on it and exacerbate the issue until I figure out exactly what the problem is.  I'll call in the AM for an appointment.  Thanks!

delicate flower

Best of luck, RMTB.  Sorry to hear the knee is acting up.  Sad

Lincoln was a good flick.  I enjoyed it.  We got home to find one of the dogs left us a whole lot of Christmas cheer on the bedroom floor.  *sigh*

I plan on spending this afternoon using my runningwarehouse gift cards and signing up for races.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Like I said, forget about the training.  One missed week won't hurt.  Go get that knee checked out before you even think of the rest.  And lots of hugs.

Merry Christmas, guys! 

I ran 6 miles of my planned 13-14 feeling amazing, without any issue/pain, when - out of nowhere - I got the same searing pain in my knee that I've been having in the fibular head area. I had to stop running immediately and call for the rescue van to come save me. I was stuck on a trail, so I had to walk quite a ways to meet them. Even just walking, my knee would go from insane "OMG, OUCH!" type pain, to no pain at all, back to "OMG, OUCH!" type pain.

I'm disappointed, but I just want to figure out what's going on with the knee and how best to treat it. I am going to call my PT tomorrow and get in ASAP. I HATE the fact that I didn't meet my goals for the first week of training last week and now the same is going to be true for this week. Because of that and depending on what the PT says, I am thinking that I might just scrap Carmel (4/20) and run Green Bay (5/19) b/c that means I have time to get healthy (hopefully) by 1/14, when I would start training. Anyway, such is life. FX it still isn't a big deal, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Hey RMTB, sorry about the knee pain.  Sounds like it has recurred over several days and is getting worse.  If so, definitely a good time to back off and get it checked out.  I hope it's something minor/fixable.  First step though is to not make it worse.

I haven't decided whether to run today or not.  Streets/trails are pretty snowy and bound to get icy RSN.  In the meantime, I have one more Xmas obligation : the nap.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Like I said, forget about the training.  One missed week won't hurt.  Go get that knee checked out before you even think of the rest.  And lots of hugs.

RMT3B, listen to D - she knows. Get it checked out and find out what the problem is. Might just be a need for some rest or backing off, or could be the signal of something more significant starting. In either case, you don't want to risk making it worse by running on it.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Robert31320

Team TJ

Like others have posted, don't risk AG greater injury by running on it Heidi.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Like others have posted, don't risk AG greater injury by running on it Heidi.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Re: Sir, a jelly donut Sir!

Who is Private Pyle.  Great movie!

Pinktastic

Just popping in quickly to say hi and to wish all of y'all a very merry Christmas!!  I hope everyone enjoys time with family and friends!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Shakedown Street

got my 6 in - in sleet no less.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

I ran 6 miles of my planned 13-14 feeling amazing, without any issue/pain, when - out of nowhere - I got the same searing pain in my knee that I've been having in the fibular head area.

I'm disappointed, but I just want to figure out what's going on with the knee and how best to treat it. I am going to call my PT tomorrow and get in ASAP.

Good plan to get it checked out immediately and not try to run though it.  Hoping the PT can get it cleared up for you.

AprilRunner, what a thoughtful and cool present!

Gustav, I hope you're enjoying your SED.

Shari, I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas with DS. Reading about his enthusiasm made me smile.

Damaris, great run.

Tom, I'm glad you managed to fit a run into your day.

Shirfan, a 7:43 pace in the snow?!? Whew!

Rick, I'm happy that you ran and that you feel well.

Kay, enjoy your Garmin. You'll love it, I'm sure.

RM2B, lilac_jive, I hope that both of your knee troubles end soon.

Ami, great run.

jneilt, excellent job. And in the snow, no less.

B-Plus

lilac & RMTB - Heal up quick. It sounds like a few people have had crappy runs the last few days.

Merry Christmas all!!

I ran 3.5 @ 8:52 and 11.3 @ 8:02.

Now it's time to get ready for holiday cheer round 2 in a bit.