Beginners and Beyond

Penguins getting high on Tuesday!! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, maybe not, but it sounded like fun!  I'm amazed I got in to work mostly on time, considering DH and I ... ahem ... snuggled a bit this morning, and we still got our PT in.  But hey, I made it to work!  I'm appreciating my PT and my knees both this week, as I've been nearly pain-free for the past few days.  Woo-hoo!!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

HsM - glad to hear that you enjoyed your morning snuggles ;-)

Today was my first run of marathon training.  The plan called for 5 miles - I did 5.2 =D  I figure going over or under by less than 5% on a given day is reasonable.  I don't plot out my routes beforehand, though I generally know what to do to reach certain benchmarks in distance.

I read a blog post by one of my 2015in2015 teammates and it was really quite inspiring: https://pointlenana.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/gunhild-swanson-dfl/  There are some truly amazing old people out there :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Morning, HsM!  Glad you have had a nice Tuesday already! Wink

saph- Loved the blog!  I had seen Gunhild's finish video on Facebook, but didn't know the full story.  Thanks for sharing!  BTW, who's blog is that?

Yesterday's 6 went much better than Sundays, even after a 5-mile dog walk.  Today I have an eye doctor appointment, then hope to get my 6 in early so that I can watch the world cup game this afternoon!  The USA side is in the semifinals!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Still in court, but I have the rest of the day off, so yay!  Pilates and 11 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Zel - it is SeattleMax's blog.  He ran the western states this weekend is and almost always the mileage leader for our team and the whole game.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Zel - it is SeattleMax's blog.  He ran the western states this weekend is and almost always the mileage leader for our team and the whole game.

He is the leader for the whole game. Everywhere.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

HsM, yay for painless.

Great start, sapf, good luck !!!

Hope your eyes aren't too dialated, Zel.  Be careful.

Enjoy the half day, D.

We will try for 5 later this afternoon.

PADRunner

Afternoon penguins. Today is RD2. I decided to take a little break. I've been feeling a little run down and burned out so may take a the week off. We'll see.

sapf - Great story.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

When I first saw the thread title, I was sure the IP was someone from Oregon !!!

Zelanie

It's legal (on private property) as of midnight.  The press is running all kinds of helpful stories like

"If you see somebody walking down the street smoking marijuana, please do not call 911.  While this is illegal, it is not an emergency."

hog4life

Hi everyone! 7.5 this morning at 9:05, woohoo!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

It's legal (on private property) as of midnight.  The press is running all kinds of helpful stories like

"If you see somebody walking down the street smoking marijuana, please do not call 911.  While this is illegal, it is not an emergency."

Better add Oregon to my destination race list !!!  Big grin