Beginners and Beyond

Apparently, I am Competitive After All (Sorta an RR with a Pic) (Read 103 times)

Docket_Rocket

After his first half marathon, my husband wanted to become a Half Fanatic, so I registered us for the Live Ultimate Half Marathon in Miami Beach last Saturday and I was set to pace him.  We almost did not go since Trixie has been severely ill since we were in Chicago and had been hospitalized and is not even out of the woods yet.

We barely slept that night, it was very hot and humid the day of the race (race started at 6:30am and it was 80-85F and 70 dewpoint, and sunny as you can see), we ran 2-3 miles in loose sand at the beach, my abdominal pain was 10 out of 10 (I actually doubled over in pain several times during the race), my husband had some shin issues during the race but when I saw that finish line, this happened:

I beat him by one second, LOL.  I guess he was chicked?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

You chicked your own husband? Bad wife! 

So is Mr Rocket a Half Fanatic, now? Congratulations to him on another half and to you for pacing him!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

Congrats D!! That is real cool that you can run together, and even better that you got him hooked.

Hip Redux

That's too funny.  Did he notice that he got chicked?  Maybe he should try harder next time lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I want to crop the image damn it, be warned.......... you might see that image cropped in a few minutes. Loose sand.......... ehhhh I would rather run in snow than loose sand 

If my computer will work...... you might see that image cropped....... Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I think he slowed down a bit intentionally to drop behind you a bit there at the finish line, so he'd have a great view for a motivating finish.

Congrats to both of you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I am just impressed that he ran not only one half marathon, but 2 in two weeks.  I remember when he could not run a single mile without a walk break!

Congrats! Tongue