Beginners and Beyond

San Francisco Marathon & Mr. Docket's First 5K RR (Read 150 times)

workinprogress11

Congratulations to you and Dr. DR!  Do you think you'll manage to turn him into a Maniac?

Docket_Rocket

Asthma didn't even show its face.  I love great weather!

During our run, DH said we needed to move.  Finally, he understands!

Great job! Those hills look insane! After my brief experience with only gently rolling hills in my last race, I cannot imagine what SF was like. Way to be smart & walk the hills to avoid the blowup. No mention of your breathing, so I assume all was well in that department.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

He is currently shooting for Half Fanatic.  Since last year he said the longest distance he would ever consider would be a 10K, hope is not lost.

Congratulations to you and Dr. DR!  Do you think you'll manage to turn him into a Maniac?

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awesome! Those hills look downright killer..Don't know how  you do it

Zelanie

Congrats, D!  Your ability to tackle one challenge after another is always impressive. Smile  And I love that skirt!

Congrats to Mr. Rocket as well!

Bin Running

Congrats to you and DH on the race. You always get good race photos. *envy*

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hip Redux

I don't think I posted the first time I read the RR!

As I mentioned before (and as my avatar illustrates lol) I lived in the bay area and I know those hills and OMG some of them are SO STEEP.  And if they aren't steep, they are long. lol    Great job getting it done and I look forward to your plans to move to San Francisco.  Big grin

He is currently shooting for Half Fanatic.  Since last year he said the longest distance he would ever consider would be a 10K, hope is not lost.

Thanks, guys!

Congrats to both of you. I think if you can get him to do a couple of HMs he will do a full someday. .

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

TakeAHike

Nice race Damaris.  Those hills look pretty tough, especially in the middle of a marathon and when you don't have many hills to train on.  That looks like a fun marathon.  I am adding it to my bucket list.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Wandering Wally

Congrats to Mr. D for his first 5K finish!  Nicely done.  Well done on the marathon.  One of the pics is even a floater :-D

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

It's easy to get floaters downhill....Joking

Congrats to Mr. D for his first 5K finish!  Nicely done.  Well done on the marathon.  One of the pics is even a floater :-D

Damaris

Fundraising Page