Beginners and Beyond

Holly Jolly HM RR - a marathon training tune-up, I guess... (Read 71 times)

happylily

Those splits are a thing of beauty, Jack. What a great race for you! I'd gladly exchange my magical finish in the dark with a piss poor finish time for an awesome fast time like yours with a finish amidst a quiet and indifferent crowd. Any day of the week!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Awesome race, Jack.  Are you going to go alone to all your races now?  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice race, Jack, and way to hold off the 25-something guy!    Congrats on your half!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Wow. Great race, Klompus! What a comeback. Showing up at the start thinking "8:00 might be good", and ending up with 7:19? That is just sick. And you had some kind of crazy turbo boost kicking in for those last 2 miles. Can't wait to see what you'll do at AoG.

Dave

Great job, Jack. Way to turn in a very strong race without even doing anything specific for it.

Fending off the cocky guy, very nice!  Hope your marathon training goes well.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Geeemineee Christmas.......How'd I miss this one??

Anywhoo.....I'm about 1 beer and a half glass into some Rodney Strong Cabernet so forgive me if this comes out like soup....

Way to go!!

Kick the sh!t outta that punk 25 year old.  Wink

If I gave 2 shits about running a ful marathon, I'd join you at the AoG.  But I like my knees & hips too much.  Wink

Merry Christmas! Smile

P.S.  I wondered what the !#%^@# happened to your avatar & then I remembered......FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!!!

Randy

LRB

Anywhoo.....I'm about 1 beer and a half glass into some Rodney Strong Cabernet so forgive me if this comes out like soup....

Rodney Strong is the shiz yo. 

B-Plus

Wow, what a fast half marathoner you are. Way to go!