Beginners and Beyond

Hopeful Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

LRB

cool. fitness won't suffer and the break may do some good.

That is how I am looking at it.  I was suckin' ass on my paces across the board the past two weeks, and mentally came to loathe my runs of any distance.

At this point, I want to show up at Detroit capable of running a solid 26.2, even at a slower pace than I intended, rather than to show up all beat up and busted from trying to hold onto to something that may not be there.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good evening runners! 11.01 miles @ 8:15 pace done this afternoon. Is it ok to throw in a couple of faster miles during an easy long run? I did that for miles 8 and 11. The splits were 7:12 and 6:48 respectively. The run almost looks funny because of those 2 splits.

Splits (GPS Interval)
       TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
      1 Interval 1 mi 8:33.88 8:33.88 8:34      
      2 Interval 1 mi 8:35.90 17:09.78 8:36      
      3 Interval 1 mi 8:35.19 25:44.97 8:36      
      4 Interval 1 mi 8:34.81 34:19.78 8:35      
      5 Interval 1 mi 8:28.38 42:48.16 8:29      
      6 Interval 1 mi 8:33.93 51:22.09 8:34      
      7 Interval 1 mi 8:09.33 59:31.42 8:10      
      8 Interval 1 mi 7:11.40 1:06:42.82 7:12      
      9 Interval 1 mi 8:37.86 1:15:20.68 8:38      
      10 Interval 1 mi 8:39.49 1:24:00.17 8:40      
      11 Interval 1 mi 6:47.49 1:30:47.66 6:48      
      12 Interval 0.01 mi 0:05.62 1:30:53.28 9:22  
      Robert31320

Team TJ

Ran in circles at the park for a total of 5 miles this afternoon.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Yay!  Did you already tell them about your Space Coast trip????

Not yet. Hopefully that'll go over well.

LRB

Is it ok to throw in a couple of faster miles during an easy long run?

Easy runs are supposed to be just that, with the exception of running strides at the end of one or two easy runs during the week.  I suppose it would depend on how often you ran easy.  You run sub-8:00's quite a bit, so it is unclear what your easy pace is.  It appears that you run progression runs most often, so it is hard to decipher what you are trying to accomplish.

LRB

Ran in circles at the park for a total of 5 miles this afternoon.

You have been running steady lately, bravo for that!

Hip Redux

I had kind of a cluster of an evening!

I was half way through my run when my bra started digging into me.  So I stop and start fiddling, and checking to be sure there wasn't a seam rubbing or something and I look up and there's a guy across the street walking his dog staring at me.  WHAT, you've never seen someone adjusting their undergarments in the middle of the street? Roll eyes

Then I get home and am starting my PT when I realize that I have photography class!  And I should have left 10 minutes earlier.  lol   Rapidly get changed, grab my stuff, grab some water and a snack and book it to class.   Get there and the doors are locked!  So now I'm sweating, frazzled and locked out of a middle school.  

Well, I finally got into class, so that was fine and now it's 9pm and I just finished dinner.  Roll eyes

Docket_Rocket

The bra thing I've done plenty of times.  People must think I am crazy.

If it makes you feel better, we have not eaten yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Guys....I almost flew off a treadmill.

So....my cousin was in NYC last night, staying in Times Square, for a business conference. She lives in CA and I see her only once every 2-3 years usually, so I went to meet her last night and didn't get to bed til 2:00am so there was NO WAY I was getting up at 5:30-6:00 to run. I worked til 7:00, and I don't like beginning runs after sundown, so dreadmill it was. I HATE THAT THING UGH! So I put on the Mets game (my gym has TVs for each machine), and David Wright got hit by a pitch and it alarmed me so much I screamed out loud and lost my footing and went flying! I was able to grab the handles and keep myself from flying all the way off but it was SO embarrassing! I also accidentally yelled other things at the TV too forgetting I was in a crowded gym, like calling the Brewers pitcher a piece of shit out loud after he hit TWO Mets batters in a row. OOPS.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Kristin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page